His father, Wilhelm Pflug, was a worker in the Schultheiss brewery in Dessau. His mother, Minna Pflug b. Frauendorf had a small farm in which Wilhelm Pflug had to work in addition to the factory work. Wilhelm Pflug brought his then seven-year-old daughter Else with him into the marriage. Walther Pflug was born soon after the wedding and his sister Else also looked after her brother after working in the house and on the farm.
Walther Pflug turned out to be a bright head and his mother now wanted to do everything so that he should have it better , that he could become something . Almost every egg in the chicken yard, every flower in the garden and other agricultural products were carried in the box to the market in Dessau in order to earn money for Walther. Walther went to school in Mosigkau until the eighth grade. Then he attended the city school ( grammar school ) in Dessau . He was interested in history and literature.
Pflug received his doctorate from the Technical University of Dresden with a thesis on the Mosigkauer Castle.
Walther Pflug worked on the rescue and restoration of the Mosigkau Castle from summer 1945. In 1947 he was appointed curator of the palace by the President of the State of Saxony-Anhalt and was the first director of the Mosigkau Palace from 1951 to 1954.
Pflug located the Varus Battle in the Tautenburg Forest .
- Mosigkau Castle. 1949
- Creative preservation of monuments. Installation of the decaying stairs of Dornburg Castle in the Mosigkau Castle Society Museum, Mosigkau. Typescript, 1951
- Old garden art in Mosigkau. State Mosigkau Museum, 1952
- The building history of Mosigkau Castle. State Mosigkau Castle Museum, 1953
- The riddle of the old Elbe crossing. State Mosigkau Castle Museum, 1953
- Local hiking tours through the Dessau-Köthener Land. 1. Rosefeld, Chörau, Susigke, Kleinzerbst. State Mosigkau Castle Museum, 1954
- Media in Germania. 1. A representation of the Roman expansion in Germania. Schröter, Gießen-Rödgen 1956
- Mosigkau Castle - a masterpiece of German Rococo art depicted in its building history. Dessau-Mosigkau, 1960
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian, director of the Mosigkau Castle|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 9, 1906|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mosigkau near Dessau|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 23, 1985|