After graduating from high school in 1942, Werner Haberditzl was with the Reich Labor Service and the Wehrmacht until the end of the Second World War . From 1945 to 1948 he worked in the school service. In 1946 he became a member of the SED and later the SEW . From 1946 to 1954 Haberditzl studied chemistry in Berlin. He completed his studies with a diploma thesis at the Institute for Physical Chemistry at Humboldt University . He became an assistant here in 1953 and received his doctorate in 1957 with the thesis “ About the binding of iron in various hemoglobin derivatives ”. The supervisor of the dissertation was Robert Havemann , with whom he published several papers in the subsequent period. Haberditzl has been active in various organizations since the early 1950s, for example in the Greater Berlin Committee of Cultural Creators. In 1964 he completed his habilitation. In 1965 he became a full professor of theoretical chemistry at Humboldt University.
Haberditzl had Austrian citizenship and lived in West Berlin. With his scientific and organizational work, he made a significant contribution to the development of theoretical and quantum chemistry in the GDR. He was an internationally recognized researcher in the field of magnetochemistry . Haberditzl was a long-time member of the editorial board of the popular science journal Wissenschaft und progress .
- Werner Haberditzl: Magnetochemistry . Akademie-Verl., Pergamon Press, Vieweg, Berlin, Oxford, Braunschweig 1968, pp. 196 .
- Werner Haberditzl: Building blocks of matter and chemical bonds . Deutscher Verl. Der Wiss., Berlin 1972, p. 255 .
- West Berliners ready to fight against a war treaty, In: Berliner Zeitung , April 29, 1952, p. 1
- Hans-Georg Bartel: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Volume 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4 . . In:
- Prof. Dr. Werner Haberditzl (obituary) In: Science and Progress, Vol. 31 (1981) Issue 9.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German chemist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 16, 1924|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin-Mariendorf|
|DATE OF DEATH||2nd July 1981|
|Place of death||Berlin|