Wieland Jäger (* 1944 ) is a German sociologist. He is a professor at the FernUniversität Hagen and the Humanities University Smolensk , of which he has been an honorary doctor since 2001. His focus is on industrial and work sociology .
After studying sociology at the Westphalian Wilhelms University in Münster and doing field research for the social research center at the University of Münster (department “Sociology of Developing Countries”) in Senegal (Dipl.-Soz. 1972), he worked as a disaster sociologist at the University of Kiel and became with a fundamental study of catastrophe and society in Münster in 1976 for Dr. sc. pol. PhD. After teaching and researching at the universities of Dortmund , Münster and Wuppertal , he qualified as a professor in 1983 in Wuppertal for sociology.
Since 1985 he has been professor of sociology at the FernUniversität Hagen with a focus on “Work and Society”, and since 2000 also at the State Pedagogical University of Smolensk (Russia). In Hagen he turned to the problems of the development of gainful employment, industrial history and the current use of new technologies in industry and administration. At the end of the summer semester 2009 his service time ended.
- Disaster and society , Luchterhand, Neuwied 1977
- Society and Development. An introduction to the sociology of social change , Weinheim 1981
- Industrial work - technical development - social change. On the unity of theory and method in sociological research , Wuppertal 1982
- (with Dietmar Riemer): Appreciation of the work? Alternative forms of work and changes in industrial work , Opladen 1987
- (with Werner Fricke): Social Sciences and Industrial Democracy , Bonn 1988
- (with Thomas Hardwig): New Enterprises and Alternative Enterprises , Wiesbaden 1991
- (with Wolfgang Beywl): Economic cultures and cooperatives , Wiesbaden 1994
- (with Dieter Buck): Personnel development in public administration , Wiesbaden 1997
- Reorganization of work. An overview of current developments , Westdeutscher Verlag, Wiesbaden 1999, ISBN 3-531-13473-6
- (with Hanns-Joachim Meyer): Social change in sociological theories of the present Wiesbaden 2003
- (with Marion Baltes-Schmitt): Jürgen Habermas - Introduction to the theory of society , Wiesbaden 2003
- (Ed., With Uwe Schimank ): Organization society . Facets and Perspectives , VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2005, ISBN 978-3-531-14336-1
- (Ed., With Rainer Schützeiche): University and world. Festschrift for Heinz Abels , VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2008, ISBN 3-531-15713-2
- (with Arthur R. Coffin): The moral of the organization. Observations in the decision-making society and follow-up considerations on a theory of interaction systems , VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, Wiesbaden 2011, ISBN 978-3-531-17676-5
- (with Arthur R. Coffin): Beyond the illusion of control: On the way to a media theory of leadership and trust in organizations , Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2014, ISBN 978-377-992-726-6
- (with Arthur R. Coffin): The Power of Organization , Beltz Juventa, Weinheim 2016, ISBN 978-3-7799-3468-4
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1944|