|birthday||March 16, 1984|
|place of birth||Bobo-Dioulasso , Burkina Faso|
|until 2001||Planète Champion Ouagadougou|
|Years||station||Games (goals) 1|
|2001-2002||WSG Swarovski Wattens|
|2002||FC Tirol Innsbruck||5(0)|
|2002-2003||FC Sion||27 (10)|
|2008-2011||1. FC Cologne||24(2)|
|2010||→ Urawa Red Diamonds (loan)||26(2)|
1 Only league games are given.
Status: end of season 2013/4
Wilfried Sanou (born March 16, 1984 in Bobo-Dioulasso , Burkina Faso ) is a former Burkinabe soccer player . He last played in the second division in Japan at Kyōto Sanga . The striker also represented his home country.
Sanou played the last years of his youth in the Burkinabe football academy Planète Champion International in Ouagadougou . The former Bundesliga player Jonathan Pitroipa was also trained in this football school in the Burkinabe capital .
Austria and Switzerland
His first contract in the German Bundesliga was offered to him in June 2003 at SC Freiburg . The 1.65-meter-tall striker was used 24 times in his first season and scored three goals. In his second season he was relegated to the Second Bundesliga with SC. It didn't go very well for Sanou personally either; Coach Volker Finke only let the attacker play 17 times from the start, he scored two goals in a total of 22 appearances. Wilfried Sanou celebrates his goals with a somersault combined with other rollovers.
In 2006 Volker Finke trained him as a full-back. At the beginning of the 2007/08 season he was part of the regular formation and became a top performer in the attacking midfield. During the game against FC Erzgebirge Aue , Sanou tore a cruciate ligament in a duel and had to pause for six months.
1. FC Cologne
In the summer of 2008 he moved to Bundesliga promoted 1. FC Köln on a free transfer . There he signed a two-year contract. He found it difficult to assert himself at Cologne and did not become a regular player.
On January 25, 2010 it was announced that Sanou extended his contract, which ran until June 30, 2010, by one year, at the same time he was loaned to Urawa Red Diamonds until the end of the year . In the J-League he was on the field in 26 games and scored two goals.
From January 1, 2011 to the end of August 2011, he was back in the Cologne squad. However, he then no longer received a contract extension. Therefore he was without a club from July 2011.
Wilfried Sanou played in the Junior World Cup in 2003 for Burkina Faso before the senior team was appointed his country, for which he in the game against 9 October 2010 Gambia made his debut, as he, after 70 minutes for Aristide Bance were substituted on.
- 1 × Austrian champion with FC Tirol Innsbruck 2002
- 2 × participants in the Africa Cup with Burkina Faso 2010 and 2013
- 1 × Vice African Champion with Burkina Faso 2013
- Official homepage of Wilfried Sanou
- Interview at lefaso.net (French)
- Wilfried Sanou in the database of transfermarkt.de
- Wilfried Sanou in the database of weltfussball.de
- Oddo, Sanou and Mahdavikia - Where are they playing today? , in: transfermarkt.de, from March 23, 2012
- sanga-fc.jp: ウ ィ ル フ リ ー ド サ ヌ 選手 新 加入 の お 知 ら せ , April 26, 2012, accessed April 26, 2012
- Sanou active again in Japan ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Burkinabe soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 16, 1984|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bobo-Dioulasso , Burkina Faso|