Willy Amandus Ernst Achsel (born July 25, 1884 in Berlin , German Reich , † September 7, 1955 in Berlin) was a German film director , screenwriter , film producer and actor .
Achsel first went to a high school and then studied structural engineering at the Berlin building trade school. During his studies he got to know Otto Brahm and the Deutsches Theater Berlin , but initially worked in a building school. He came to film in 1914. Achsel was employed by UFA until 1927 , in the same year he founded his own production company, W. Achsel u. Co.
In his time he was not only a feature film director, but also a well-known cultural and documentary filmmaker .
- 1919: Kaiser Wilhelm's happiness and end
- 1919: Melody of the Heart
- 1920: Enemy blood
- 1920: youth
- 1920: The eternal monk under the spell of music
- 1920: you and your hubby
- 1921: The award-winning play rat
- 1921: Flaxman as an educator
- 1922: Your valet
- 1923: The son-in-law with the big potatoes. A rural incident
- 1924: Wine, women, song
- 1925: The bewitched Neptune. Paulchen as a sportsman
- 1926: The plant doctor
- 1926: By car to the Orient
- 1927: nature and love
- 1933: An ideal apartment
- 1933: Laying of submarine cables in Lake Zurich
- 1933: Cable manufacture, heavy current cables
- 1934: Old comrades
- 1934: 10,000 kilometers of German long-distance cables
- 1936: The plant doctor
- 1937: A minor failure
- 1937: The niece from the USA
- 1937: Rest is the first civic duty
- 1937: Nothing is eaten that hot
- 1950: The indispensable
- Johann Caspar Glenzdorf: Glenzdorf's international film lexicon. Biographical manual for the entire film industry. Volume 1: A-Heck. Prominent-Filmverlag, Bad Münder 1960, DNB 451560736 , p. 3.
- Willy Achsel at filmportal.de
- Willy Achsel at The German Early Cinema Database
- Willy armpit in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- ↑ Hans-Gert Roloff: The German literature: The German literature from 1890 to 1990 . 1991, ISBN 978-3-7728-1762-5 ( limited preview in Google Book Search).
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Armpit, Willy Amandus Ernst (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German film director, screenwriter, film producer and actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 25, 1884|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin , German Empire|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 7, 1955|
|Place of death||Berlin , German Empire|