|owner||Konradin media group|
Wissen.de is a German-language knowledge portal on the Internet that was founded in May 2000 . Until 2014, the website was operated by Wissen Media Verlag , a subsidiary of the Bertelsmann media group . Today she is part of the Konradin media group . In 2012 the portal was voted Website of the Year in the Education category .
The content of the portal is compiled from various sources. Suppliers include reference works and publications such as Wahrig , Langenscheidt , Focus and Viamundo. Access to the content by the website visitor is free of charge and is financed by advertising. Wissen.de offers advertisers the option of placing advertising in the form of text links in and on the website to match the editorial environment .
Furthermore, Wissen.de sells licenses to other companies that distribute the content in their media. In addition to lexicons, this also includes learning programs for primary school students . According to their own information, licensees are G Data CyberDefense , Vivendi Universal and the game manufacturer Ravensburger .
In January 2012, the website achieved a reach of 640,000 unique users , 8.14 million page impressions and over 1.4 million visits per month. In 2014 the Konradin media group reported around 750,000 unique users per month.
In December 2013, the management announced that the website would be closed until the beginning of 2014 due to a lack of economic prospects, but on January 30, 2014 it was announced that the Konradin media group from Leinfelden, through which other knowledge magazines and websites are also operated, bought the website Wissen.de.
- websitedesjahres.de: gewinner 2012 ( memento of the original from May 28, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- See: Specifications. Editorial elements (PDF; 444 kB). Part of the media data . Without a date. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- Facts and Figures (PDF; 283 kB). Part of the media data . Without a date. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- haben.de: Wissen.de will be switched off ( Memento from January 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Takeover: Konradin buys Wissen.de. Börsenblatt , January 31, 2014, accessed on February 3, 2014 .