Wolfgang Kartte (born June 7, 1927 in Berlin ; † March 21, 2003 ibid) was a German administrative lawyer and government official. From 1976 to 1992 he was President of the Federal Cartel Office .
Kartte studied law and political science at the Free University of Berlin from 1948 to 1954, School of Politics. From 1954 to 1957 he worked as a trainee lawyer and assistant at the Free University of Berlin. After a brief activity as a lawyer in Berlin, he worked in the legal department of the Federal Cartel Office from 1959 to 1961. From 1961 to 1966 he was a competition officer in the Federal Ministry of Economics and in 1966 personal assistant to the Federal Minister of Economics. In 1967 he became head of the internal trade department in the Federal Ministry of Economics and in 1968 head of the competition policy and "European intergovernmental competition policy" department in the Federal Ministry of Economics. In 1974 he moved to the position of head of the competition and price policy subdivision in the Federal Ministry of Economics .
From 1976 to 1992 Wolfgang Kartte was the successor to Eberhard Günther as President of the Federal Cartel Office. Kartte's successor in office was Dieter Wolf .
In 1992/1993 Kartte was a member of the commission of independent experts on political party financing appointed by the Federal President. From 1992 to 1996 he was economic advisor to the Russian Federation on behalf of the Federal Government , from 1997 economic advisor to the Russian Federation on behalf of the European Union (TACIS) and from 1997 until his death economic advisor to the Republic of Indonesia on behalf of the Society for Technical Cooperation (GTZ) .
Kartte has been teaching as an honorary professor at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn since 1977 .
- Honorary doctorate Dr. iur. hc from the University of Konstanz (Faculty of Law) (1980)
- Federal Cross of Merit 1st Class (1982)
- Dr. Friedrich Joseph Haass Prize for German-Russian Understanding by the German-Russian Forum (1994)
- Alexander-Rüstow-Badge by the Action Group Social Market Economy (1996)
- Honorary Citizen of the Vladimir Region of the Russian Federation (1996)
- "A new model for competition policy", Heymann 1969, ISBN 3-452-17027-6
- "Perspectives of a future competition policy", Universitätsverlag Konstanz 1981, ISBN 3-87940-195-0
- "On the move to the market: as a business consultant in Russia", Hoffmann and Campe 1995, ISBN 3-455-11063-0
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Kartte in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website about Wolfgang Kartte
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German administrative lawyer and President of the Federal Cartel Office|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 7, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 21, 2003|
|Place of death||Berlin|