Andreas Mundt was born the son of a professor of internal medicine. He has a brother and a sister. After graduating from high school, he studied law in Bonn as well as in Lausanne and Geneva in Switzerland. In 1985 and 1990 he passed the state exams. In 1991, Mundt worked at the Federal Ministry of Economics in Bonn, where he was given civil servant status , as a consultant for questions relating to the integration of the new federal states . In 1992 he became Speaker fraction of the FDP - Bundestag faction . Mundt was responsible for social and labor market policy and worked until 1999 as an employee of the FDP member Gisela Babel , who at the time headed the responsible working group.
From 2000, Mundt became active in the Federal Cartel Office, whose official seat had been relocated to Bonn on October 1, 1999. He held various positions there, including becoming head of the "International Competition Issues" department in 2001 and head of the policy department in 2005. At the end of 2009 he was appointed President of the Federal Cartel Office to succeed Bernhard Heitzer .
Andreas Mundt is married and has three children. He is a member of the FDP.
- Information about Andreas Mundt at the Federal Cartel Office
- Andreas Mundt in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- faz.net: Cartel Office: Altmaier's plan falls short
- spiegel.de (2012): Green electricity subsidies: the head of the cartel office makes Altmaier hurry
- Andreas Mundt in the Munzinger Archive , accessed on February 1, 2011 ( beginning of article freely accessible)
- Andreas Mihm, Kerstin Schwenn: Bundeskartellamt. Andreas Mundt becomes the new president. In: FAZ.NET , December 10, 2009, accessed on January 24, 2017.
- Information about Andreas Mundt . In: bundeskartellamt.de , accessed on January 25, 2017.
- Andreas Mundt: "We mustn't be afraid of big names" . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , March 6, 2010. Accessed January 24, 2017
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German administrative lawyer and President of the Federal Cartel Office|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 13, 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bonn|