Live and act
Tilbrook played in beat bands in the 1960s ; After two years of drum lessons with Max Abrams, he joined Back Door in 1974 alongside Ron Aspery and Colin Hodgkinson . He toured with the band in Europe and the USA and also performed with Ronnie Scott’s for two weeks . After the recording of the Activate album , the band broke up. He continued to work with Don Weller , Stan Tracey , Alexis Korner and with traveling soloists such as Jimmy Witherspoon , Eddie Lockjaw Davis , James Moody and Al Casey. In 1979 he played in an all-star formation around Jon Anderson , Allan Holdsworth and Jack Bruce . From the mid-1980s he worked with trombonist Rick Taylor in the Full Circle quartet , which he founded and recorded the album Beauty of the Unexpected in 1986 . He was then active for the Jazzaction initiative in Yorkshire and Humberside . Since 2006 he has appeared as a member of the John Warren- led Voices of the North Orchestra , his Splinter Band and his big band Northern Brass and played with Jim Mullen , Mick Shoulder and Andy Champion.
Tilbrook also works as a drum teacher. He also produced Ruth Lambert's So Many Stars album .
- Back Door Activate (1975)
- Alexis Korner Meets Jack Daniels (1975)
- Andy Champion Group Fail in Wood (2010)
- Ian Carr , Digby Fairweather , Brian Priestley : Rough Guide Jazz. The ultimate guide to jazz music. 1700 artists and bands from the beginning until today. Metzler, Stuttgart / Weimar 1999, ISBN 3-476-01584-X .
- Adrian Tilbrook at Discogs (English)
- Adrian Tilbrook at Allmusic (English)
- Entry at Musician's Olympus
- The Denvers
- Jennifer Wymess British and International Music Yearbook Volume 2006, p. 13
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British jazz and fusion drummer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 20, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hartlepool|