Albert Sánchez Piñol
Albert Sánchez Piñol (born July 11, 1965 in Barcelona ) is a Catalan anthropologist and writer who writes mainly in Catalan . Few of his works were written in Spanish . He became famous for his novel Im Rausch der Stille , which was translated into 28 languages and received several awards (Ojo Crítico 2003, Premi Llibreter).
His historical novel Victus. Barcelona 1714 tries to portray the War of the Spanish Succession , which resulted in the centralization of Spain under the Bourbons and the subsequent suppression of Catalan self-determination , from the perspective of the losers. It is no coincidence that this novel was received intensely against the background of heightened tensions between Catalan autonomy and renewed attempts by the Spanish central government under the leadership of the Partido Popular . The novel was the best-selling book in Spain in 2013.
He also speaks about the current issues. In the article, Spain is dead , aimed at the German reader, he explains why Catalonia can no longer belong to Spain. Since the Spanish conquest of Catalonia in 1714, Catalans have been suppressed, and at times the use of Catalan has even been banned. Even after the end of the Franco dictatorship, the situation did not change fundamentally. The Spanish government does not want to speak to the Catalans. This attitude changed the attitude of many people who were originally in favor of Catalonia's autonomy within Spain against Spain.
- Vae Victus , 2015
- The fall of Barcelona ( Victus. Barcelona 1714 , 2012), S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main, 2015, ISBN 978-3-10-061607-4
- Pandora in the Congo ( Pandora al Congo , 2005), S. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main, 2007, ISBN 978-3-10-061603-6
- Im Rausch der Stille ( La pell freda , 2002), Fischer Taschenbuchverlag, Frankfurt am Main, 2006, ISBN 3-596-16557-1
- Les edats d'or , 2001
- Pallassos i monstres , 2000
- with Marcelo Fois: Compagnie Difficili , 2000
- Alex Rühle : roses, books and warriors . In: " Süddeutsche Zeitung ", May 2, 2015, p. 17
- Albert Sánchez Piñol: Spain is dead . In "Süddeutsche Zeitung", October 1, 2017
- Literature by and about Albert Sánchez Piñol in the catalog of the German National Library
- Albert Sánchez Piñol in the Internet Movie Database (English)
|SURNAME||Sánchez Piñol, Albert|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Catalan writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 11, 1965|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Barcelona|