Alexander Shorokhoff is a German luxury watch manufacturer from Alzenau , Bavaria , who manufactures mechanical wristwatches and sells them worldwide.
In 2014, annual sales were estimated at 1,100 watches.
|Alexander Shorokhoff watch manufacture
|management||Alexander Shorokhov (CEO)|
|Number of employees||15 (2017)|
The founder and head of the company is Alexander Shorokhov, who was born in Moscow in 1960 . During his civil engineering apprenticeship , he also studied architecture . Due to his good performance and his commitment, he was sent to Germany with 20 other managers in 1991, following an agreement between the then Federal Chancellor Helmut Kohl and the then Russian President Mikhail Gorbatschow . There he should get to know and study the free market economy at the Hessian Ministry of Economics. A year later he founded a watch sales company for the most important Russian watch brand " Poljot " at the time in order to enable Europe-wide marketing. In 1994 he established his own watch brand with Poljot-International. However, in order to be able to live up to his claim to be able to manufacture watches of the highest quality and above all in-house, he founded the Alexander Shorokhoff watch manufacture under his own name in Alzenau, Bavaria, in 2003.
Although his name is Shorokhov, he insisted on adding two "f" s to the name of his manufactory to honor his Russian origins and the history of the brand.
The designs of the clocks are inspired by art and cultural history from around the world. Many watch models are limited unique items from three collections : The "Heritage" collection is dedicated to the Russian art and cultural heritage of the 19th century. The "Avantgarde" collection symbolizes Russian suprematism . The "60", which can be found on the dial instead of the common "12", is exceptional. The collection is inspired not only by Russian but also by European art and culture. The "Vintage" collection is its own collection, but it is located within the "Avantgarde" line. The specialty of the collection is the exclusive use of vintage movements from Russian and Swiss productions.
In addition to the models "Miss Avantgarde" (2014) and "Babylonian I" (2015) nominated for the German Design Award , the models "Barbara" (2016) and "Winter" (2017) won the German Design Award with the title "Special Mention " and. The "Camomile" model was the German Design Council awarded the German Design Award "Winner" 2018th The "Regulator AS.R02-1" took third place in category A in the readers' competition for the " Goldene Unruh 2017".
Karl Heinz Feuerlein: Optimus Quisque Volume 3: Courage to Success . Publisher: Eigenverlag KH Feuerlein Nürnberg; ISBN 978-3-00-035681-0
- ↑ Clock architect with big plans. Retrieved February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ May Chiam: Russia-born watchmaker launches new models in Malaysia. In: The Star Online . December 31, 2014, accessed February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ Thorsten Winter: Alzenau clock architect with big plans. In: FAZ.NET Rhein-Main. August 8, 2014, accessed February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ Alexander Shorokhoff biography - Alexander Shorokhoff watch manufacture . In: Alexander Shorokhoff . ( alexander-shorokhoff.de [accessed on February 15, 2018]).
- ↑ Thorsten Winter: Alexander Shorokhoff: The clock architect from Alzenau. In: FAZ.NET Rhein-Main. August 29, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ Alice Kagels: Alexander Shorokhoff watches - the avant-garde "New Planet". In: uhr.de. October 18, 2012, accessed February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ German Design Award 2015 Babylonian Nominated by Alexander Shorokhoff. Deutsche-Uhrenmacher.de, accessed on February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ Barbara at Munichtime 2015. deutsche-uhrenmacher.de, accessed on February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ 5 facts about Alexander Shorokhoff . In: Watchtime.net . August 28, 2017 ( watchtime.net [accessed February 15, 2018]).
- ↑ Camomile - Winner - Luxury Goods - German Design Award. Retrieved February 15, 2018 .
- ↑ Alexander Shorokhoff GDA WINNER 2018. Accessed February 15, 2018 (English).
- ↑ Winner of the 2017 Golden Balance. Accessed February 15, 2018 .