Applied Chemistry (Journal)
|Area of Expertise||chemistry|
|language||German , English|
|publishing company||Wiley-VCH ( Germany )|
|Frequency of publication||weekly|
|Impact Factor||12,959 (2019)|
|Editors-in-chief||Nathalie Weickgenannt, Frank Maaß, Theresa Kueckmann and Xin Su (all interim)|
|editor||Society of German Chemists|
The Angewandte Chemie and the Angewandte Chemie International Edition , usually with Angew. Chem. Or Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. abbreviated, is a weekly peer review - journal . The first edition came out in 1887. Angewandte Chemie is a publication by the Society of German Chemists and is published by Wiley-VCH Verlag .
The impact factor in 2019 was 12,959. According to the statistics of the ISI Web of Knowledge , the journal with this impact factor ranks 15th out of 177 journals in the category of multidisciplinary chemistry . The cost of an annual subscription for libraries in Europe is 6508 euros for the printed or electronic edition. A combined subscription to both editions costs 7,485 euros (as of 2013).
After German reunification, the journal of the GDR chemists' association Zeitschrift für Chemie was integrated into today's Angewandte Chemie . The articles published in the journal cover the entire field of chemistry . In addition to the scientific articles ( letters ), the journal also contains news , highlights , essays , articles and book reviews .
The editor-in-chief of Angewandte has been Neville Compton since October 1, 2017 . He succeeds Peter Gölitz , who worked as an editor for 35 years. In 2007, the editorial team was awarded the German Language Institutional Prize for the further development of German as a scientific language .
In 2020, a publication by Tomáš Hudlický caused a sensation. In this, he criticized diversity efforts in chemistry as harmful and the Chinese scientific community was defamed. As a result, both the editorial staff of Angewandte and Wiley-VCH-Verlag distanced themselves from the content and withdrew the article. The GDCh as publisher also apologized. Some scientists on the expert advisory board also left the same in protest. As a result, the responsible editors were suspended and the referees removed from the selection of the applied. In addition, an interim editor-in-chief made up of Nathalie Weickgenannt, Frank Maaß, Theresa Kueckmann and Xin Su was set up.
Editions and languages of publication
- 1.1888 - September 10, 1997: Angewandte Chemie (German, German translations of the communications submitted in English, CODEN ANCEAD). ,
- 1.1962 - June 3, 1997: Angewandte Chemie International Edition in English ( CODEN ACIEAY, English, English translations of the communications submitted in German). ,
- since October 1, 1998: Angewandte Chemie (German) or since July 3, 1998 (English, English letters are only published in German if the author submits a translation himself).
- since July 3, 1998: Angewandte Chemie International Edition ( CODEN ACIEF5, English) ,
The Angewandte Chemie includes each a concordance to the international issue and vice versa.
- François Diederich : 125 years of chemistry in the mirror of “Angewandte” , Angewandte Chemie 2013, 125, pp. 2778–2807, doi : 10.1002 / ange.201300056 .
- 2019 Journal Citation Reports of the Web of Science .
- Neville Compton to Succeed Peter Gölitz as Editor-in-Chief of Angewandte Chemie | Wiley News Room - Press Releases, News, Events & Media. Retrieved November 20, 2017 .
- Annette G. Beck-Sickinger , Thomas Carell , Stefanie Dehnen , Walter Leitner , Peter R. Schreiner : From Scientists to Scientists — Moving Applied into the Future . In: Angewandte Chemie International Edition . June 25, 2020, p. 12548-12549 , doi : 10.1002 / anie.202008469 .
- Katrina Krämer: Applied essay calling diversity in chemistry harmful decried as 'abhorrent' and 'egregious'. September 6, 2020, accessed on July 1, 2020 .
- T. Hudlicky: Withdrawal: 'Organic synthesis - Where now?' is thirty years old. A reflection on the current state of affair . In: Angewandte Chemie International Edition . June 29, 2020, ISSN 1433-7851 , doi : 10.1002 / anie.202006717 .
- opinion on the contribution of Tomas Hudlicky in Angewandte Chemie. Society of German Chemists, accessed on July 1, 2020 .
- Volker Mrasek: Angewandte Chemie - Suspicion of discrimination shakes specialist journal. In: Deutschlandfunk. Accessed July 1, 2020 (German).
- Dr. Guido Herrmann, VP & Managing Director, Wiley-VCH: An Open Letter to Our Community. In: Angewandte Chemie. June 9, 2020, accessed on July 1, 2020 .