After studying literature, Berest founded the magazine Carnets du Rond-Point and was editor-in-chief there for five years. In 2008, together with Édouard Baer , she worked on the work Un pedigree (German: A family tree ) by the Nobel Prize winner Patrick Modiano for the theater. The adaptation was performed at the Théâtre de l'Atelier in Paris' 16th arrondissement with Baer as the lead actor, who also directed .
In 2011 Berest played a doctor in the film La guerre est déclarée (German: Life is ours (2011) ), directed by Valérie Donzelli . In 2014 she was involved in the script for the film Que d'amour by Donzelli, which was broadcast on June 19, 2014 by the Franco-German TV channel arte .
Berest is the sister of the writer Claire Berest. She lives and works in Paris.
Prizes and awards
- 2010: Prix des Dunes for La Fille de son père ; nominated for the same novel: Prix France Télévision , the Prix de Flore and the Prix Goncourt du premier roman :
- 2012: Finalist for her novel Les Patriarches at the Prix Renaudot and the Prix de Flore.
La Fille de son père . (Cadre rouge). Éditions du Seuil , Paris 2010, ISBN 978-2-02-102783-9 .
- German: I haven't been sad for a long time . From the Franz. By Gaby Wurster. Knaus, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-8135-0415-6 .
- Les Patriarches . Editions Grasset et Fasquelle, Paris 2012, ISBN 978-2-246-80084-2 .
- with Audrey Diwan , Caroline de Maigret and Sophie Mas: How to Be a Parisian wherever You Are. Doubleday, New York City 2013.
- How to be a Parisian - Wherever you are. Love, style and casualness à la française . German by Carolin Müller. btb Verlag, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-442-75620-9 .
- Sagan 1954 . Éditions Stock, La bleue series . Paris 2014, ISBN 978-2-234-07740-9 .
- Research femme parfaite . Éditions Grasset, Paris 2015, ISBN 978-2-246-85244-5 .
- In 2017, the French Canal Plus began broadcasting twelve episodes of the TV series Paris etc. , which are based on the bestseller How to be a Parisian . Directed by Zabou Breitman , who also worked on the scripts. One of the actresses is Valeria Bruni Tedeschi .
- Literature by and about Anne Berest in the catalog of the German National Library
- Anne Berest in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- to the book La Fille de son père (fr.)
- Every woman can be a Parisian in General-Anzeiger (Bonn) of July 8, 2015, page 32
- Look at this city! in Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on August 11, 2014, page 29
- translated by Gaby Wurster. Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung from September 25, 2016 / Julia Encke : The matter of French ease (page 47)
- Reborn in Paris in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung on December 10, 2017, page 53
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French director for the theater and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||France|