He has been working with François Schuiten since 1983 on the series The Mysterious Cities , which also made him known outside of Belgium. In a fictional parallel world, cities with extraordinary architecture dominate the scene and the actions of the respective characters. 13 albums had been released by 2010. He worked on Love Hotel with Frédéric Boilet , and there were also joint projects with Anne Baltus and Alain Goffin . He wrote several books about comic authors, including 1983 Le monde d'Hergé (German title: Hergé - A life for the comics ), a biography and description of the work of the comic artist Hergé . In 2005 he developed a documentary series for the TV station ARTE , each episode portraying a comic artist and his work. In 2010 he published "a discreet, informative biography" about the philosopher Jacques Derrida , "the first major biography about Derrida".
- 1998 Max-und-Moritz-Preis , special prize of the jury for the mysterious cities
- Hergé - A life for the comics (translated by Jens Peder Agger). Carlsen, Reinbek near Hamburg 1983, ISBN 3-551-02819-2 .
- Right to insight (translated by Michael Wetzel ). Böhlau, Graz / Vienna 1985, ISBN 3-205-01303-4 .
- with Marie-Françoise Plissart: Right now. Arboris, 1993, ISBN 90-344-0329-7
- Trois ans avec Derrida. Les carnets d'un biographe. Éditions Flammarion, Paris 2010, ISBN 978-2-0812-1408-8 .
- Derrida. Éditions Flammarion, Paris 2010, ISBN 978-2-0812-1407-1 (German as Jacques Derrida - Eine Biographie. Suhrkamp, 2013, ISBN 978-3-518-42340-0 ).
- Literature by and about Benoît Peeters in the catalog of the German National Library
- Joint website of Benoît Peeters and François Schuiten on The mysterious cities (French)
- Benoît Peeters in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- He was not at all comfortable with thinking buildings on faz.net
- Thinker of the Impossible on tagesanzeiger.ch
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French comic book author and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 28, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paris|