|Bergverlag Rother GmbH|
The mountain Rother is a German publishing house based in Bavaria Oberhaching . Since 1950 is the publisher, who since 1920 Bergverlag Rudolf Rother , changed its name in collaboration with the German Alpine Association , the Austrian Alpine Club and the Alpine Club South Tyrol the Alpine Club leader out.
The publishing house was founded on November 16, 1920 in Munich by Rudolf Rother sen. , a bookseller and mountaineer from Leipzig, founded as an alpine specialist publisher. The publishing house emerged from the insolvent Walter Schmidkunz publishing house, in which Rother was a shareholder. Rother toured southern Germany, Switzerland, then South Tyrol and Austria by bicycle to make his books written by alpinists known in bookshops. He expanded the publisher's range to include climbing technology, ski technology, ice skating, biographies of well-known alpinists and water sports. Rother ran a film department, built the publishing house's hotels and organized ski courses in the Alps.
According to its own statements, the publishing house survived the Nazi era unscathed, but in January 1945 the publishing house was destroyed by a bombing and rebuilt in 1950. During the destruction, the extensive archive holdings of Alpine literature were almost completely destroyed. To this day, the writing "Bergverlag Rudolf Rother" on the old publishing house reminds of the publishing house that used to be located there. In 1964, Rudolf Rother junior took over the management from his father, who was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit in 1967 for his publishing activities, and expanded the range of literature. After the publishing house had sold its own mail-order bookstore, the Bergwelt magazine and the in-house print shop in the 1980s, Freytag-Berndt u. Artaria KG the family business.
In October 1994, Bergverlag Rother left the publishing house built in 1925 on Landshuter Allee in Munich and relocated to the south of Munich.
Rother is one of the largest specialist alpine publishers in German-speaking countries.
- ↑ a b 90 years of Bergverlag Rother ( Memento from March 14, 2012 in the Internet Archive ); Retrieved November 4, 2010
- ↑ Peter Grimm: Schmidkunz - The forgotten literary genius (PDF; 169 kB); Retrieved November 4, 2010
- ↑ It all began with a bicycle ... In: Die Zeit . November 18, 1960, accessed on May 10, 2020 (from the time 47/1960).
- ↑ books. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- ^ Association of Bavarian Canoe History: Association of Bavarian Canoe History. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- ↑ © Zweig VillachSchanzgasse 3, 9500 Villach04242 / 289584E-MailImprint | Data protection notice: New: Over rock and firn. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- ^ The "Rother Jubilee Year" - 100 years of Rother Verlag with a competition - DAV section Weiden. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- ↑ Hans Henning Kaysers: Say Nazi Party Badge: A boy remembers his war and post-war years . BoD - Books on Demand, 2009, ISBN 978-3-8391-9184-2 ( google.de [accessed on May 10, 2020]).
- ↑ BERGVERLAG RUDOLF ROTHER MUNICH. : NATURE - ENVIRONMENT - HOME AND ALPINE ASSOCIATIONS: German States - André Hüsken Militaria. Retrieved May 10, 2020 .
- ^ Rudolf Rother | Massif du Mont Blanc. Retrieved May 2, 2020 .
- ↑ The history of the Rother Bergverlag - Wanderglück. Retrieved on May 2, 2020 (German).
- ↑ Bergverlag Rother Online Shop | Bergfreunde.de. Retrieved May 2, 2020 .