Lohse was professor for dogma and church history at the University of Hamburg . His research and publication focus was on the history of the Reformation and the theology of Martin Luther . However, he also devoted himself to topics from the field of patristics .
Bernhard Lohse is the younger brother of the theologian Eduard Lohse .
- Gospel in history. Volume 2: Studies on the theology of the church fathers and their reception in the Reformation. On the occasion of the author's 70th birthday . Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1998
- The development of teaching within the confessional framework. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1998
- Martin Luther. An introduction to his life and work. Beck, Munich 1997
- A new exposition of Luther's theology. Lecture on November 28, 1995 at the Catholic Academy in Hamburg. Catholic Academy, Hamburg 1996
- Luther's theology in its historical development and in its systematic context. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1995
- Epochs of the history of dogma. LIT, Münster 1994, ISBN 3-8258-2011-4 .
- Rainer Hering : Lohse, Bernhard. In: Franklin Kopitzsch , Dirk Brietzke (Hrsg.): Hamburgische Biographie . Vol. 7, Wallstein, Hamburg 2019, ISBN 978-3-8353-3579-0 , pp. 214-215.
- Link to literature by Bernhard Lohse in the catalog of the Hamburg State Library
- Works by and about Bernhard Lohse in the German Digital Library
- Bernhard Lohse, Evangelium in der Geschichte, Vol. 2: Studies on the theology of the church fathers and their reception in the Refoermation , Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht 1998, p. 10 (foreword).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Protestant theologian and professor for church history at the University of Hamburg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 24, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 29, 1997|
|Place of death||Hamburg|