Birgit Emich studied history and political science at the Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg from 1986 to 1992 . In 1999 she received her doctorate in Freiburg under Wolfgang Reinhard with a thesis on Nepotism and Everyday Authority. Politics, administration and patronage under Pope Paul V (1605–1621). Studies on early modern micropolitics in Rome . She was a research assistant at Wolfgang Reinhard's chair in Freiburg (1999/2000 and 2001/2002). In 2002 Reinhard did his habilitation in Freiburg with a study on the integration of the Duchy of Ferrara into the Papal States. She then received a Heisenberg grant from the German Research Foundation . She was substitute professor in Freiburg (2002/2003 and 2004/2005), Münster (2007) and Dresden (2008). From 2007 to 2008 she was visiting professor at the Max Weber College in Erfurt. From April 2010 to December 2016, Emich taught as a professor of modern history at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg . Since January 1, 2017, she has been Luise Schorn-Schütte's successor to the Chair of Early Modern History at the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . She began teaching there in the 2017 summer semester.
- Study the history of the early modern period (= UTB Bd. 2709). 2nd, completely revised edition. UVK Verlag, Munich 2019, ISBN 978-3-8252-4768-3 .
- Bureaucracy and nepotism under Paul V (1605–1621). Studies on early modern micropolitics in Rome (= Popes and Papacy. Vol. 30). Hiersemann, Stuttgart 2001, ISBN 3-7772-0121-9 , (At the same time: Freiburg (Breisgau), University, dissertation, 1999: Nepotism and everyday authority. ), ( Review ).
- Territorial Integration in the Early Modern Era. Ferrara and the Papal States. Böhlau, Cologne et al. 2005, ISBN 3-412-12705-1 (At the same time: Freiburg (Breisgau), University, habilitation paper, 2002), ( review ).
- Cultural history of the papacy in the early modern period (= journal for historical research. Supplement. Vol. 48). Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-428-14047-3 .
- with Dirk Niefanger , Dominik Sauerer, Georg Seiderer : Wallenstein. Human - Myth - Memoria (= historical research. Vol. 117). Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2018, ISBN 3-428-15428-2
- Literature by and about Birgit Emich in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page from Emich at the University of Frankfurt
- Birgit Emich in the database of renowned scientists AcademiaNet
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main: Current
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 14, 1967|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Youth home on Bergstrasse|