Claudia Maria book
Claudia Maria Buch (also Claudia-Maria Buch ; * March 1966 in Paderborn ) is a German economist and has been Vice President of the Deutsche Bundesbank since May 13, 2014 .
Until May 2014, Buch was a member of the Advisory Council for the assessment of macroeconomic development (“Economy”). In addition, from June 2013 to May 2014 she was professor at Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg , where she still teaches today, and president of the Leibniz Institute for Economic Research Halle . Her research focus is the regulation and supervision of banks.
Book attended the school Theodorianum in Paderborn and studied from 1985 to 1991 at the University of Bonn economics , graduating with a degree in Economics and while from 1988 to 1989 at the University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire , graduating with a MBA . From 1991 to 1992 she completed the Advanced Studies Program in International Economic Policy Research at the Kiel Institute for the World Economy . From 1992 she worked there as a research assistant in the research group "Central and Eastern Europe", from 1996 in the research group "Financial Markets". She received her doctorate in 1996 at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel and qualified as a professor in 2002. From 2001 to 2003 she was head of the research area “Financial Markets” at the IfW. In 2004 she took over the chair for economic theory, especially money and currency, at the Eberhard Karls University in Tübingen and in 2005 also became director of the Institute for Applied Economic Research there . From 2004 to 2012 she was a member of the Scientific Advisory Board at the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology , and from 2008 to 2012 as its chairman. Buch has been research professor at the Center for European Economic Research in Mannheim since 2007 . In 2011 she was appointed to the Scientific Advisory Board of the European Systemic Risk Board . In 2013 she moved to the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg as professor of economics and at the same time moved to the head of the IWH . In February 2014 the federal government decided to have Buch appointed to the board of the Deutsche Bundesbank and vice-president of the German central bank.
Membership in the Expert Council
At the suggestion of Economics Minister Philipp Rösler , the Federal Government decided in February 2012 to appoint Buch to the Advisory Council on March 1, 2012 to assess macroeconomic developments . Buch succeeded Beatrice Weder di Mauro and was the second woman to have been a member of the Advisory Council since it was founded in 1963. Neither di Mauro left the council at the end of February 2012 because she was nominated for the board of directors of the major Swiss bank UBS and wanted to avoid a conflict of interests. Buch became her successor, but announced her resignation from the Council with effect from April 30, 2014 due to joining the board of the Bundesbank. Isabel Schnabel was her successor in the Expert Council .
Buch advocates that banks increase their capital and thereby orientate themselves towards the equity ratios of industrial companies. In the European debt crisis , she takes the position that creditors should be more involved. She sees (as of July 2012) only an emergency instrument in the permanent euro rescue package ( ESM ); the ESM could be too small. Only the ECB or a debt settlement pact could end the crisis. In a media report, Buch and two other economists advocate greater use of “evidence-based policy advice”.
- Literature by and about Claudia Maria Buch in the catalog of the German National Library
- Claudia Maria Buch in the catalog of the ZBW - Leibniz Information Center for Economics (ZBW)
- Portrait with a detailed curriculum vitae on the homepage of the Deutsche Bundesbank
- Head of Department. Prof. Dr. Claudia M. Buch ( Memento from May 8, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) - former homepage at the University of Tübingen (English)
- Prof. Dr. Claudia M. Buch ( Memento from March 9, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) - former homepage at the IWH with a link to a scientific curriculum vitae
- Prof. Dr. Claudia M. Buch ( Memento of July 3, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) - archived information at the Expert Council for the assessment of macroeconomic development
- ^ Profile on the website of the Deutsche Bundesbank
- ↑ Thomas Öchsner: Financial Expert Becomes New Economy , Süddeutsche.de, February 14, 2012
- ↑ Claudia-Maria Buch will new economic methods , Frankfurter Rundschau, February 14, 2012
- ^ Appointment of Prof. Isabel Schnabel to the Expert Council. ( Memento from February 14, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ IWH press release 11/2013 ( Memento from October 29, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 58 kB)
- ↑ IWH boss becomes Bundesbank vice. ( Memento from February 27, 2014 in the web archive archive.today )
- ↑ Press release on Buch's resignation and the appointment of Isabel Schnabel by the Federal Cabinet on May 7, 2014 ( Memento of March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ Birgit Marschall: Interview: “The rescue parachute can be too small”. Rheinische Post Digital GmbH, July 23, 2012, accessed on July 24, 2014 .
- ↑ Claudia Buch, Christoph M. Schmidt , Monika Schnitzer : Taking the politicians at their word , in: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung September 27, 2013, page 12 (The order of the economy, full-page article)
|SURNAME||Book, Claudia Maria|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Book, Claudia-Maria|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist and professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paderborn|