From 1985 to 1990 he studied philosophy and theology at the universities of Bonn , Freiburg im Breisgau and Augsburg . From 1991 to 2004 he was a research assistant / assistant or senior assistant at the chair for moral theology at the Catholic-Theological Faculty of the University of Augsburg . After receiving his doctorate in 1994 at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Augsburg and his habilitation in 2000 at the Theological Faculty of Trier , he has been teaching as a private lecturer for Christian social sciences at the Theological Faculty of Trier since 2001 and as an associate professor for moral theology and lecturer for theology of marriage since 2005 and family at the Philosophical-Theological University (PTH) St. Pölten .
Since 2006, Clemens Breuer has been working full-time as a pedagogical employee at the Katholisches Bildungswerk Köln, a branch of the Bildungswerk of the Archdiocese of Cologne . Among other things, he is responsible for current lectures and discussions in the Domforum and in some Cologne districts. In addition, he has been teaching as a lecturer for social ethics at the Philosophical-Theological University of St. Pölten since 2011 , since 2012 as a lecturer for moral theology at the Deacon Institute of the Archdiocese of Cologne and as a lecturer for Christian social sciences and moral theology at the " Studium Rudolphinum " institute in Regensburg .
His main research interests are questions of medical ethics.
Person from the start? The human being from the retort and the question of the beginning of human life (= treatises on social ethics. Volume 36). Schöningh, Paderborn / Munich / Vienna / Zurich 1995, ISBN 3-506-70236-X (also dissertation, Augsburg 1994).
- Person from the start? The human being from the retort and the question of the beginning of human life (= treatises on social ethics. Volume 36). 2nd corrected and expanded edition, Schöningh, Paderborn / Munich / Vienna / Zurich 2003, ISBN 3-506-70236-X (also dissertation, Augsburg 1994).
- Human right from the start. Questions of genetic engineering and bioethics (= church and society. Number 225). Bachem, Cologne 1995, ISBN 3-7616-1257-5 .
- as editor: Ethics of Virtues. Basic human attitudes as an indispensable part of moral action. Festschrift for Joachim Piegsa on his 70th birthday (= moral theological studies. Systematic department. Volume 26). EOS-Verlag, St. Ottilien 2000, ISBN 3-8306-7046-X .
- Christian social ethics and moral theology. A discussion of the fundamentals of two disciplines and the question of their independence (= Treatises on Social Ethics. Volume 46). Schöningh, Paderborn / Munich / Vienna / Zurich 2003, ISBN 3-506-70246-7 (also habilitation thesis, Theological Faculty Trier 2000).
- Service to the dying person. About the tasks of hospice work (= church and society. Number 311). Bachem, Cologne 2004, ISBN 3-7616-1883-2 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German theologian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 12, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Solingen|