|IT online magazine|
|editorial staff||Thomas Huebner|
|Annual income||EUR 340,610.31|
|On-line||1999 (currently active)|
ComputerBase is a German IT online magazine operated by ComputerBase GmbH and financed through advertising and subscription models. It reaches around 2.5 million users a month. The focus of the website is on daily news about computer and telecommunications technology as well as test reports. A discussion platform , the ComputerBase Forum , is integrated into the portal .
The website went online with a subdomain on April 16, 1999 under the then name TommyHPC . In 2000 the name was changed to ComputerBase . After four previous revisions of the website in 2001, 2003, 2008 and 2010, the current version ComputerBase 6.0 has been online since March 2015.
In January 2012 the website had over eleven million visits and around 41 million page views. This makes ComputerBase one of the most frequented pages in the genre. With over twelve million contributions and around 300,000 users, the ComputerBase forum ranks among the 40 most lively Internet forums (boards) internationally . The forum is one of the three most active of the German internet forums.
A cooperation with Lycos that started in 2005 ended in November 2008 with the dissolution of the advertising partner. On February 13th, 2009 the transformation from ComputerBase Medien GbR to ComputerBase GmbH took place. From April 2009 Platform-A was an advertising partner and marketer, from April 2010 it was freeXmedia . Hi-Media has been taking on this task since June 2016 .
In the broadcast of June 15, 2010 of the Sat.1 magazine Act 20.10 , a freelance editor from ComputerBase informed about the data security of the social network Facebook . At Planetopia , an editor gave an interview before Windows Vista was introduced , describing the innovations in the operating system. This was preceded by three more television appearances in 2002, 2003 and 2004 on NBC GIGA .
- Annual financial statements as of December 31, 2017, accessed on February 23, 2019 in the Federal Gazette
- Net reach according to AGOF Internet Facts June 2014 ( memento from February 26, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on August 24, 2014.
- History - ComputerBase
- ComputerBase 6.0: The new design for smartphone, tablet and desktop is here , accessed on March 30, 2015
- IVW designation January 2012 ( Memento from July 5, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Big Board Statistics ( Memento from March 26, 2012 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on July 29, 2012.
- Big Board statistics ( memento from July 16, 2012 in the web archive archive.today ), accessed on July 29, 2012.
- Downloadable TV appearances
- Press review