|Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL)
|Seat||London , UK|
|management||Punit Renjen, CEO|
|Number of employees||312,000 (2019)|
|sales||$ 46.2 billion (EUR 39.1 billion) (2019)|
|Branch||Auditing and advice|
|As of May 31, 2018|
Deloitte ( DTTL , Deloitte for short , [ diˈlɔ͜ɪt ]) is an international company in the business sector and provides services in the areas of auditing , risk advisory, tax advice , financial advisory and consulting for companies and institutions from all branches of the economy; Legal advice is provided in Germany by Deloitte Legal. With a global network of member companies in more than 150 countries and around 312,000 employees, Deloitte achieved sales of 46.2 billion US dollars in the 2018/2019 financial year. Deloitte refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), a private company limited by guarantee, its network of member firms and its affiliates. DTTL and each of its member companies are legally autonomous and independent.
Deloitte is the top-selling management and strategy consultancy and auditing company in the world and the largest company in the so-called Big Four in terms of market share .
Foundation and company history
The first office was founded in London in 1845 by William Welch Deloitte . In 1890 the company expanded into the USA . George Touche founded his company in London in 1899. In 1975, Tohmatsu Awoki & Co. ( Japanese 等 松 ・ 青木 監 査 法人 , Tōmatsu Aoki Kansa Hōjin ), founded in Tokyo in 1968, was integrated into the company founded by George Touche. In 1990 the companies founded by Deloitte and Touche merged to form Deloitte & Touche, and in 1993 the name of the international network Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited was established. The name Deloitte is the longest consistently used company name in the accounting industry worldwide.
DTTL is a private company limited by guarantee . She does not provide any services to clients herself, but exclusively for DTTL's global member companies. DTTL and each DTTL member company are each legally autonomous and independent. Each member company provides its own services in certain geographical areas and is subject to the laws and professional regulations applicable there.
Deloitte Austria is an Austrian provider of professional services . With 1,350 employees at ten locations (Vienna, St. Pölten, Hollabrunn, Graz, Salzburg, Linz, Steyr, Imst, Innsbruck and St. Anton), Deloitte supports companies and institutions in the areas of auditing , tax advice , consulting , financial advisory and risk advisory .
Deloitte Austria achieved sales of 170 million euros in the 2017/18 financial year.
Deloitte in Switzerland, Deloitte AG, is a leading professional services company . With over 1,800 employees at six locations in Basel , Bern , Geneva , Lausanne , Lugano and Zurich (headquarters), Deloitte works for companies and institutions of all legal forms and sizes. The company covers all sectors - from financial services, life sciences , industrial and consumer goods to, energy & resources, technology and public sector - and offers services in the following business areas:
Since 2006 Deloitte AG has been a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP, the member company of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) in Great Britain. With double-digit growth in nine of the past ten years, Deloitte has since become the fastest growing company among the Big 4 in Switzerland . In the 2016/2017 financial year, the Swiss company achieved total sales of 660 million Swiss francs, which corresponds to growth of 24%. The growth in consulting, financial advisory and risk advisory in recent years has made Deloitte the Swiss market leader in advisory services.
In the area of management consulting, the big strategy consultancies McKinsey , Boston Consulting Group and Bain & Company belong to the competitors as well as the more technical-oriented consultants like Accenture or BearingPoint .
Based on sales, Deloitte is the largest of the Big Four auditing firms in Germany and worldwide , and the second largest in Austria.
Major customers (selection)
- About Deloitte | Our global network of member firms. Retrieved September 12, 2019 .
- Talent. Retrieved September 12, 2019 .
- Revenue. Retrieved September 12, 2019 .
- About Deloitte. In: deloitte.com. Retrieved June 6, 2020 .
- Kennedy Sees Global Consulting Markets Normalizing: Growth Rates Increasing Through 2016. Accessed September 2, 2017 .
- Deloitte Switzerland again with double-digit growth . In: Handelszeitung . August 30, 2016, ISSN 1422-8971 ( handelszeitung.ch [accessed on March 13, 2017]).
- How Deloitte in Switzerland makes an impact that matters. Retrieved March 13, 2017 (English).
- About Deloitte | Deloitte Switzerland | Auditing, tax advice, consulting, financial advisory. Retrieved March 13, 2017 .
- Christoph G. Schmutz: “Big Five”: Deloitte is growing strongly in Switzerland thanks to advice . In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung . August 30, 2016, ISSN 0376-6829 ( nzz.ch [accessed on March 13, 2017]).
- Moneycab: Moneycab ›Deloitte“ Tax Firm of the Year ”for the fourth year in a row. May 27, 2016, accessed March 13, 2017 .
- Big Four Analysis Consulting: Deloitte is the new number 1. Accessed on May 28, 2020 .
- Market for auditing and tax advice: internationalization, market consolidation and digitization determine what is happening Lünendonk GmbH, press release of July 16, 2015
- Stern No. 12/2013, p. 86