The DFB regards it as proven that Marks manipulated two games in the wake of the soccer betting scandal in 2005 . The second Bundesliga referee Dominik Marks received a pre-suspension. Robert Hoyzer , also a second division referee, had incriminated Marks during his interrogations. According to Hoyzer, Marks manipulated a game and received 6,000 euros from Croatian clients. Therefore, the regional league game Hertha BSC Amateure - Arminia Bielefeld Amateure , led by Marks, was repeated. The second game Karlsruhe against Duisburg (2nd Bundesliga) was not repeated for lack of evidence despite further allegations.
Dominik Marks was arrested on March 9, 2005 after an arrest warrant was issued. The former referee was accused of fraud in a gang as well as attempting to arrange money laundering . On March 10, the continued detention was ordered as there was an increased risk of flight and an urgent suspicion. On November 17, 2005, the Berlin district court sentenced him to a sentence of one year and six months on probation for aiding and abetting fraud in two cases, against which the Berlin public prosecutor's office initially appealed because they themselves had demanded a two-year prison sentence without parole .
- Dominik Marks admits to being bribed by Ante Sapina . dfb.de, May 17, 2015.
- The betting scandal and the consequences. FAZ.NET special
- Bielefeld Regionalliga game is repeated . In: Süddeutsche Zeitung , March 4, 2005.
- http://www.fussball.com/news-view-5412/ksc-duisburg-wird-nicht-wiederholt-berUF.html ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- scandal. Referee Dominik Marks in custody . In: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung , March 10, 2005.
- Betting scandal: the indictment is appealing against the judgment in the Hoyzer trial. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. in: rp-online.de, November 18, 2005
- Horst Hilpert : Sports law and sports jurisdiction in the home and abroad, De Gruyter, 2005, ISBN 3-11-091450-6 , p. 222 online
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German football referee|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4th September 1975|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stendal|