After graduating from high school in 1988, Petschel studied German language and literature and history at the PHD and TU Dresden until 1993 and passed the first state examination for higher education at grammar schools. In 1998 Dorit Petschel started at the Technical University of Dresden with a dissertation between Rétablissement, Rhine Confederation and Restoration. Saxon foreign policy under Elector Friedrich August III. Doctorate from 1785 to 1806 . In the years 1997–1999 she held a legal clerkship at the Kreuzschule grammar school in Dresden, which was followed by the second state examination in 1999. In 1999/2000 she taught at the Sauerbruch grammar school in Großröhrsdorf .
Dorit Petschel then headed the history department at the Technical University of Dresden until 2003 . In this capacity, she worked with Reiner Pommerin and Thomas Hänseroth on the publication 175 Years of TU Dresden , published in 2003, and independently as Volume 3, the standard work Die Professoren der Technische Universität Dresden, 1828–2003 , published on behalf of the Society of Friends and Patrons of the Technical University Dresden e. V. In this professorial catalog, all around 2,000 professors are listed in alphabetical order who have worked at today's Technical University or its predecessor institutions from the foundation in 1828 to the anniversary year 2003. A position as a consultant for university development (2003-2005) was followed by activities as a research assistant at the Institute for History at the Technical University of Dresden. Later she worked at the Saxon State Center for Political Education .
- Christian Wilhelm Ludwig von Abeken (1826–1890). In: Saxon Justice Ministers 1831 to 1850. Eight biographical sketches (= Saxon Justice History Volume 4). Saxon State Ministry of Justice - Press and Public Relations Department, Dresden 1994, pp. 41–65 ( digitized version).
- The personality of Friedrich August the Just, Elector and King of Saxony . In: Uwe Schirmer (Ed.): Saxony 1763 to 1832. Between rétablissement and bourgeois reforms . Sax-Verlag, Beucha, 1996, ISBN 3-930076-23-3 , pp. 77-100.
- Saxon foreign policy under Friedrich August I. Between Rétablissement, Rhine Confederation and Restoration (= Dresden historical studies, Volume 4). Böhlau, Cologne a. a. 2000, ISBN 3-412-14299-9 .
- 175 years of TU Dresden . Volume 3: The professors of the TU Dresden 1828–2003 . Böhlau, Cologne a. a. 2003, ISBN 3-412-02503-8 .
- Literature by and about Dorit Petschel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Entry by Dorit Petschel in the OCLC WorldCat
- Literature by and about Dorit Petschel in the Saxon Bibliography
- Entry in the historical bibliography
- On the trail of the history of the TU Dresden . In: Dresdner Universitätsjournal , Volume 13, No. 2 of January 29, 2002, pp. 1, 7.
- Short biography of Dr. Dorit Körner, as of 2010. Professorship for Economic History; Institute for History Philosophical Faculty of TU Dresden, March 1, 2014, accessed on August 3, 2020 .
- Newsletter 4/2012: Offers for political education October - December 2012. (PDF; 2 MB) Saxon State Center for Political Education , accessed on August 3, 2020 .
- Teachers in our school. School year 2019/2020. 36th Oberschule Dresden, accessed on August 3, 2020 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Körner, Dorit|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian and teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1970|