After finishing school, Edeltraut Staimer studied Catholic theology at the University of Munich and received her doctorate in 1960 on the subject of "The writing De Spiritu Sancto by Didymus the Blind of Alexandria (an investigation into early Christian literature)".
From 1960 to 1965 Edeltraut Staimer worked as a full-time consultant in the Federal Agency of the Federation of German Catholic Youth (BDKJ) in Düsseldorf . During this time she was responsible for the publication of the "Theological Correspondence Course " of the youth center in Düsseldorf and for setting up a theological course for women religious. From 1965 to 1974 she was a freelancer for the theological correspondence course.
In 1974 Edeltraut Staimer became an academic senior councilor at the Department of Theology and its Didactics at the Rhineland University of Education (from 1980 University of Cologne ) . There she was responsible for the religious education training of primary and secondary school teachers as well as special school teachers / special school teachers. She finished this work at the University of Cologne in 1989.
Edeltraut Staimer has lived in Munich since 1990 .
- De Spiritu Sancto by Didymus the Blind of Alexandria (dissertation), 1960
- The meaning of the birth of Jesus, Munich: Dt. Catechist Association, 1980
- God - the Father, Munich: Dt. Catechists' Association, 1981
- Pictures from the beginning, Munich: Pfeiffer, 1981
- Did God Want Jesus to Die? Munich: Pfeiffer, 1983
- The meaning of the resurrection of Jesus, Munich: Dt. Catechists Association, 1984
- The Rector of the University of Cologne (ed.): Course catalog for the winter semester 1988/89, Cologne 1988
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Catholic theologian and university teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 6, 1927|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Graefelfing|