Uniform authority telephone number
The authority number 115 in Germany gives you direct access to information about public administration services . The pilot operation of the telephone number 115, also known as the citizen hotline , started on March 24, 2009 in model regions. Regular operations began on April 14, 2011.
Telephone citizen services from municipalities as well as from state and federal authorities are networked under the short number 115 , so that information on administrative matters - for example opening times of various authorities, responsibilities for certain matters or information on topics such as marriage, childcare, naturalization, etc. - are all available under this number can be requested. 75 percent of the 115 calls are accepted by an employee within 30 seconds and 65 percent of the concerns should be answered directly on the first call, that is the service promise of the 115 network. Inquiries that cannot be processed immediately should be forwarded to the responsible contact person at municipal, state or federal level. The model for the authority number is the New York Citizen Service with the telephone number 311.
Planning for the D115 project began in spring 2007. In December 2007 the number 115 was assigned by the Federal Network Agency and in September 2008 the D115 detailed concept developed by experts from municipalities, states and the federal government was published. It defined the general conditions for the test operation and the subsequent pilot operation of the number.
On March 24, 2009, pilot operations began in several model regions, including Berlin , Hamburg , Oldenburg and large parts of North Rhine-Westphalia . Little by little, other regions were added. The pilot operation ended on April 14, 2011 and was thus transferred to regular operation.
In December 2009, the federal government and the central municipal associations agreed that the number 115 should in future be available throughout Germany. Since May 2019, the authority number can be reached nationwide in all federal states.
The XÖV standard, especially XZUFI, was developed for the systems, their communication and portals .
Fees and availability
The authorities' number 115 can be reached Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. The service is generally chargeable and has different tariffs: The 115 can usually be reached in Germany at a fixed network tariff and is included in many flat rates . Twelve federal states (all except Bavaria, Berlin, Brandenburg and Thuringia), over 550 municipalities and 88 federal authorities (as of 2019) take part in the 115. The number can be reached nationwide. The number is generally free of charge for sign language speakers via SIP-URI, accessibility via the SIP-URI for regular services has not yet been implemented - although this is part of the technical standard for IP telephony .
General information and services of the public administration are to be made available to all citizens as far as possible via 115. Deaf and hearing-impaired people are available via special telephone numbers to a call center for writing telephony , an ISDN video telephone or an Internet telephone with video communication. While the writing phone can only be reached via a 0180-5 special number, the sign language phone can be dialed via a free SIP address . Inquiries to the sign language telephone go to an external service provider of the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs , where a 115 knowledge database is available for information.
- 115 - Homepage. Retrieved December 1, 2017 .
- Uniform authority number 115 starts regular operation. ( Memento from May 12, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Federal Ministry of the Interior (project page 115.de), April 14, 2011
- Structure and design of numbers for a uniform call for authorities. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) bundesnetzagentur.de
- Accessibility of the authority number 115. (PDF; 4 MB) As of May 22, 2019. Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy, September 9, 2019, accessed on October 24, 2019 (PDF includes large map).
- The authority number 115. Retrieved on February 27, 2019 .
- 115-Availability. Interactive map with search function at 115.de
- authorities without words: the sign telephone. ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 169 kB) Brochure from the office and coordination office D115 in the Federal Ministry of the Interior.