The Euler Medal (Euler Medal) is an award given by the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications (ICA) since 1993 for outstanding lifetime achievements in combinatorics . The mathematician should still be active in research. The Euler Medal is named after Leonhard Euler .
The Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications was founded in 1990, its first president was William Thomas Tutte . He was succeeded by Anne Penfold Street and Ronald C. Mullin . As of 2017, the headquarters of the ICA is at the Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton , its president is Doug Stinson from the University of Waterloo , Canada .
- 1993: Claude Berge (France), Ronald Graham (USA)
- 1994: Joseph A. Thas (Belgium)
- 1995: Hanfried Lenz (Germany)
- 1996: Jacobus van Lint (Netherlands)
- 1997: not awarded
- 1998: Peter Hammer (USA), Anthony JW Hilton (UK)
- 1999: DK Ray-Chaudhuri (USA)
- 2000: Richard A. Brualdi (USA), Horst Sachs (Germany)
- 2001: Spyros Magliveras (USA)
- 2002: Herbert Wilf (USA)
- 2003: Peter Cameron (Australia), Charles Colbourn (USA)
- 2004: Doron Zeilberger (USA), Zhu Lie (China)
- 2005: Ralph Faudree (USA), Aviezri Fraenkel (Israel)
- 2006: Clement WH Lam (Canada), Nick Wormald (Canada)
- 2007: Stephen Milne (USA), Heiko Harborth (Germany)
- 2008: Gábor Korchmáros (Hungary)
- 2009: not awarded
- 2010: Bojan Mohar (Slovenia)
- 2011: Cheryl Praeger (Australia)
- 2012: Alexander Rosa (Canada)
- 2013: Curt Lindner (USA)
- 2014: Brian Alspach (USA)
- 2015: not awarded
- 2016: James Hirschfeld (United Kingdom)
- 2017: Fan Chung (USA)
- 2018: Dieter Jungnickel (Germany)
- 2019: not awarded
- ^ International Prizes - London Mathematical Society. In: lms.ac.uk. June 24, 2012, accessed April 1, 2017 .
- ↑ The ICA blog: March 2016. In: combinatoricsinstitute.blogspot.de. March 13, 2016, accessed April 1, 2017 .
- ICA Medals at the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications ( University of Brescia , unibs.it)