Europa-Union parliamentary group German Bundestag
The European Union Parliamentary Group of the German Bundestag ( EUD PG DB ) is a parliamentary group of the non-partisan Europa-Union Germany , which was founded on July 4, 2007.
Goals and work
The aim of the group is the Europeanization of the German Bundestag : European policy will increasingly determine domestic German specialist policy. That is why it is a great opportunity to accompany this process in a Europe-friendly manner through the European Union members in the specialist committees of the German Bundestag. The work of the Europa-Union parliamentary group takes the form of events and political initiatives. In 2010, the group organized a joint, non-partisan evaluation of the new possibilities for the German Bundestag to participate in the framework of the Lisbon Treaty, together with the Europa-Union parliamentary group European Parliament .
In the current electoral term of the German Bundestag , the board of directors consists of the chairman of the Manuel Sarrazin group (Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen) and the deputies Thomas Hacker (FDP), Josip Juratovic (SPD), Katrin Staffler (CSU) and Elisabeth Winkelmeier-Becker (CDU).
In the 18th German Bundestag , the executive committee consisted of Florian Hahn (CSU), Josip Juratovic (SPD), Günter Krings (CDU, Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister of the Interior), Manuel Sarrazin (Alliance 90 / The Greens) and Norbert Spinrath (SPD). Manuel Sarrazin was elected chairman on April 8, 2014. Traditionally, a representative of the opposition parties holds the chair.
In the 17th German Bundestag , the executive committee consisted of Günter Krings (CDU / CSU), Eva Högl (SPD, then Vice-President of the European Union Germany ), Michael Georg Link (FDP), and Manuel Sarrazin (Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen). Manuel Sarrazin was elected chairman on January 21, 2010.
Before that, the board of directors included Günter Krings (CDU / CSU), Johannes Jung (SPD), Michael Georg Link (FDP), and Rainder Steenblock (Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen).
In the 16th legislative period of the German Bundestag, the parliamentary group consisted of 108 members as full members who are also members of the Europa-Union Deutschland . In the 17th German Bundestag , the group has grown to over 170 members.
In the current 19th legislature, 181 MPs are members of the Europa-Union parliamentary group.
- Presentation of the group on the website of the Europa-Union
- List of members of the Europa-Union parliamentary group of the German Bundestag
- Representation in the Tagesspiegel from April 8, 2014
- ↑ Europa-Union parliamentary group in the German Bundestag . Europe Union Germany. Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- ↑ See June 2010 One year after the Lisbon judgment: Lammert and Pöttering discuss the new role of parliaments in the "Parliamentary Forum for Europe's Future" ( Memento of the original from November 22, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. ; Representation on the pages of the German Bundestag
- ^ German Bundestag - Europe Union Germany. Retrieved December 21, 2019 .
- ↑ Europa-Union parliamentarians in the German Bundestag. In: Europa-Union.de. Retrieved August 22, 2020 .