Karnofsky has a doctorate in political science. Since 1984 she has been writing about Latin America as a journalist and author. First she worked as a freelance journalist a. a. active for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung and the radio of the ARD . After managing Deutsche Welle 's Latin America programs for a year , she moved to Buenos Aires in 1993 and traveled the continent for ten years as a correspondent for the Süddeutsche Zeitung .
Eva Karnofsky lives in Hamminkeln on the Lower Rhine. She has been working as a freelance reporter for WDR radio on the Lower Rhine and as a literary critic for SWR and WDR since 2016 . She is the author of novels, thrillers and non-fiction books.
- Expired, detective novel, neobooks, Berlin 2018. 978-3-7427-5599-5
- Mother's cold , detective novel, éditions trèves , Trier 2015. ISBN 978-3-88081-563-6
- Sacrificial area , detective novel, Droste, Düsseldorf 2014. ISBN 978-3-7700-1519-1
- Sacrificial area , radio play, WDR 2014. Length: 48'48, Director: Thomas Werner.
- with Barbara Potthast : powerful, courageous and ingenious. Forty extraordinary women from Latin America , Rotbuch, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-86789-164-6
- Bogotá Blues , detective novel, éditions trèves, 2010, ISBN 978-3-88081-552-0
- The road of virtues. A Cuban family chronicle . Horlemann, 2008, ISBN 978-3895022753
- Broom closet with bed. The fate of an illegal domestic worker in Latin America , Horlemann, 2005, ISBN 978-3895022005
- with Walter Haubrich : Cities of Latin America. Sixteen city images. Insel, Frankfurt 1994, ISBN 978-3458333012
- Peru for hand luggage . Unionsverlag Zurich 2014. ISBN 978-3-293-20643-4
- Brazil for hand luggage . Unionsverlag Zurich 2013. ISBN 978-3-293-20616-8
- Cuba for hand luggage. Stories and Reports - A Culture Compass. Unionsverlag, Zurich 2011, ISBN 978-3293205505
- Trip to Argentina. Cultural compass for hand luggage. Unionsverlag, Zurich 2010, ISBN 978-3293204737
- Radio plays
- 2012: with Christine Grän: Bogotá Blues - Director: Jörg Schlüter (WDR)
- 2013: with Christine Grän : Quitos Töchter - Director: Jörg Schlüter (radio play - WDR )
- 2014: Sacrificial Area - Director: Thomas Werner (WDR)
For a report about the killers of the Colombian cocaine mafia she received the journalism award of the city of Klagenfurt and the journalist award for development policy. The radio play "Bogotá Blues", which she wrote for WDR together with Christine Grän, received the 2012 Marl Media Prize for Human Rights awarded by Amnesty International .
- Literature by and about Eva Karnofsky in the catalog of the German National Library
- Official website of Eva Karnofsky
- Opponent of fracking dies in an attack: victim area , crime radio play broadcast April 20, 2015 on Deutschlandradio Kultur
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German journalist and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wesel|