Friends of the cultural city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec
|Friends of the Cultural City of Görlitz-Zgorzelec
|legal form||Registered association|
|founding||September 11, 2003|
|motto||Europe, specifically, together.|
|main emphasis||Art and culture, education, international understanding|
|Action space||Euroregion Neisse , Euroregion Spree-Neisse-Bober|
|Chair||Matthias Krick (board member)
Gerd Weise (board member)
The Förderverein Kulturstadt Görlitz-Zgorzelec eV (FVKS) aims to bundle civic engagement in various fields of activity (e.g. local history, media, literature, prevention of extremism). The overarching goal of activities at local, regional and international level is to promote European awareness-raising on site and to promote intercultural dialogue. Events, projects, collaborations and accompanying public relations work are carried out for this purpose. The registered non-profit association is an association of individuals, cultural workers and companies. The motto is: Europe, specifically, together .
Two focal points, which are closely linked, shape the work of the FVKS:
- European - especially German-Polish-Czech - communication on site.
- Civic engagement and civic cultural work.
These are implemented in four participatory program series:
- “ RegionEuropa ” - series of events for a Europe that is growing closer together: Different formats, at different locations, with partners: readings, panel discussions, concerts.
- “ Unterwegs ” - Regional & international projects around the medium of photography, e. B. a photo competition, a digital annual calendar, the photo festival “Schauplätze” (together with the Görlitzer photo museum and participants of the Görlitzer photo meeting) and photo touring exhibitions.
- “ Responsibility Cultures ” - The program series is involved in various activities, such as B. exhibitions, workshops, excursions and discussions, for moral courage, social responsibility and tolerance in a Europe that is growing together.
- " Tower Tour " - Local history tours on towers and in buildings of the European city of Görlitz - Zgorzelec . Individual projects and collaborations for different target groups, cross-generational and cross-border.
It was founded on September 11, 2003 when Görlitz and Zgorzelec applied for the title of “ European Capital of Culture 2010”. Since then, the association has supported development in the region together with partners through cultural and educational work. The FVKS was the official partner of the 3rd Saxon state exhibition "via regia - 800 years of movement and encounter" (2011) and an integral part of the Capital of Culture application (2003-2006). After the end of the application activities, the association increased its civic engagement in various cultural fields, which resulted in four program series with individual activities. Between July 2016 and May 2017, the FVKS carried out the participatory exhibition project “Experience GDR” together with the Görlitz Museum of Cultural History . In 2018 the association celebrates its 15th anniversary, u. a. with an online annual calendar “20 years of the European city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec / 15 years of FVKS”.
The association has received several awards for its activities. For example, in 2009 the association received the prize for innovation in adult education from the German Institute for Adult Education - Leibniz Center for Lifelong Learning eV in Bonn , in 2013 the prize of the nationwide competition “ Active for Democracy and Tolerance ”, and in 2015 the international prize of the Euroregion Neisse-Nysa-Nisa. On May 9, 2018, the association was awarded the European medal by the cities of Görlitz and Zgorzelec for special services to the European city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec.
- Website of the association
- International photo competition "Unterwegs" : Annual, thematic photo competition in the Euroregion Neisse and parts of the Euroregion Spree-Neisse-Bober.
- “Tower Tour” - tower tours and more in the European city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec.
- Creative competitions: Annual competitions on selected topics relating to the European city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec.
- FVKS calendar "20 years of the European city of Görlitz-Zgorzelec" : Thematic interactive calendar.
- “Experience GDR!” : Participatory exhibition project, together with the Görlitz Collections for History and Culture / Museum of Cultural History .
- Responsibility- Exhibitions & More. Förderverein Kulturstadt Görlitz-Zgorzelec, accessed on June 5, 2018 .
- Görlitz towers open again. In: Sächsische Zeitung online. March 8, 2016, accessed October 6, 2016 .
- The hands-on project “Experience GDR!” Starts in Görlitz, City of Görlitz, August 15, 2016, accessed on October 6, 2016 .
- Price of the Euroregion Neisse-Nisa-Nysa 2015. (PDF) Euroregion Neisse - neisse-nisa-nysa.org, accessed on May 9, 2018 .