Figural , unlike the unanimous chant the contrapuntal polyphonic music embodied the 14th to the 16th century . Before the 16th century it was called mensural music. In the 17th / 18th century, so is also the melodic ornamentation of (chorale) Melody example, in Organ - Chorale Preludes meant. Choirs of figural music are called figural choirs .
- Berlin Figural Choir
- Figural Choir Frankfurt
- North German Figural Choir
- Jülich Figural Choir, dissolved in March 2019
- Figural Choir Cologne
- Mainz Figural Choir
- Figural choir of the Stuttgart Memorial Church
- Figural Choir Nuremberg
- Johann Adolph Scheibe: On Musical Composition, Volume 1 . Schwickert, Leipzig 1773, p. 392 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- Heinrich Adolf Köstlin: History of music in outline . TP Verone Publishing House, Nicosia 2017, p. 87 ( limited preview in Google Book search).
- berlinerfiguralchor , on berliner-figuralchor.de, accessed on September 25, 2019.
- Jülich Figuralchor eV - under the direction of Gregor Josephs ( Memento from August 27, 2018 in the Internet Archive )
- End and new beginning: Figuralchor Jülich is a thing of the past , at aachener-zeitung.de, accessed on September 25, 2019.