Freerk Huisken (born January 29, 1941 in Eberswalde ) is a Marxist journalist and former professor for political economy in education at the Faculty of Education at the University of Bremen . He has come out particularly with positions on political and social issues such as education. Huisken is the author of the journal GegenStandpunkt and, even after his retirement, regularly gives lectures on the criticism of science and political issues.
After studying at the Oldenburg University of Education , he worked as a teacher until 1967, after which he also studied political science and psychology at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg . After receiving his doctorate in 1971, he received a professorship for political economy in the education sector at the University of Bremen . In his work as a university lecturer, Huisken took a position that allows every person to think independently. Not infrequently he came into conflict with the university management, most recently when he wrote a book on the subject of youth violence at the beginning of 2003 on the occasion of the school massacre in Erfurt and wanted to publicize it in the university media. The press office refused, as the theses in the book were not suitable for “contributing to the prestige and reputation of the university”. He also often showed solidarity with students who came into conflict with the university management. Freerk Huisken is associated with the magazine GegenStandpunkt and takes a Marxist point of view that sees a person's thinking as always independent and therefore every person as capable of criticism. As with the GegenStandpunkt, this criticism of Freerk Huisken is mainly directed against capitalism and its manifestations in education, democracy, fascism, morality and contemporary science.
In March 2006, Huisken retired, but he continues to give lectures on science criticism and political issues.
- Incitement to strife . A destructive reader with a constructive appendix. Fachbibliothek Verlag, Büren 1984, ISBN 3-88245-126-2 .
- Xenophobes and friends of foreigners . A polemic against the outlawed as well as the respected racism. VSA-Verlag , Hamburg 1987, ISBN 3-87975-415-2 .
- The science of education . Introduction to the fundamentals of pedagogy. VSA-Verlag , Hamburg 1991, ISBN 3-87975-558-2 .
- Neither for school nor for life . Critique of Education - Part 2. VSA-Verlag , Hamburg 1992, ISBN 3-87975-608-2 .
- Nothing but nationalism . German lessons from Rostock and Mölln - an anti-racist diary. VSA-Verlag , Hamburg 1993, ISBN 3-87975-631-7 .
- Youth violence . VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 1996, ISBN 3-87975-663-5 .
- Education in Capitalism . About the basic lies of pedagogy and the undeniable benefits of bourgeois educational institutions. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 1998, ISBN 3-87975-722-4 . Revised and expanded new edition 2016, ISBN 978-3-89965-691-6 .
- To the criticism of the Bremen "brain research" . The brain determines the mind: errors, functions and consequences. AStA Universität Bremen, Bremen 2000, ISBN 3-938699-00-0 ( full text of the new version ).
- German lessons from Rostock and Mölln . Nothing but nationalism 1. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2001, ISBN 3-87975-806-9 ( full text (PDF; 797 kB)).
- Arsonists as fire fighters. The right-wing extremism campaign . Nothing but nationalism 2. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2001, ISBN 3-87975-805-0 ( full text (PDF; 758 kB)).
- z. B. Erfurt . What bourgeois education and imagination can do. VSA-Verlag , Hamburg 2002, ISBN 3-87975-878-6 .
- The "PISA shock" and how to deal with it . How much stupidity does the republic need / tolerate? VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2005, ISBN 3-89965-160-X .
- About the ungovernability of the school people . Rütli schools, Erfurt, Emsdetten etc. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2007, ISBN 3-89965-210-X .
- The democratic bosom is fertile ... The misery of criticism of (neo) fascism. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-89965-484-4 .
- Chopped off, stored, fished up, sorted through, fended off, installed . New German refugee policy. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2016, ISBN 978-3-89965-692-3 .
- with Rolf Gutte: Everything mastered, nothing understood! National Socialism in Class. VSA-Verlag, Hamburg 2019, ISBN 978-3-96488-044-4 . (first Berlin 1997; unchanged new edition of the 2007 edition).
- K. Dammann: Huisken, Freerk , in: Wilhelm Bernsdorf / Horst Knospe (ed.): Internationales Soziologenlexikon , Vol. 2, Enke, Stuttgart ² 1984, p. 378.
- ↑ Documents, among other things, on lectures and discussion events of GEGENSTANDPUNKT , documents among other things on lectures and discussion events of GegenStandpunkt
- Literature by and about Freerk Huisken in the catalog of the German National Library
- Homepage of Freerk Huisken
- On the character of goods production , September 2018 (duration: 1 hour, 33 minutes)
- Education in Capitalism: Does School Make You Stupid? Lecture on June 14, 2010 at the University of Salzburg (duration: 1 hour, 19 minutes)
- Why a science of education is superfluous and why it still exists , Erlangen 2013
- The holidays are over. What is the purpose and what does popular education achieve in capitalism? (Freerk Huisken together with Johannes Köper), Bremen 2010
- The role of the university in capitalism and the Bologna process. About the freedom of science and its service to capital and the state. November 17, 2009, University of Vienna. Lecture , conclusion & discussion
- How so? Why? Why? Does school make you stupid? On the questionable achievements of the school system. November 16, 2009, University of Vienna Lecture & discussion .
- Lecture Critique of Brain Research , Darmstadt 2006; MP3 file: 33 MB / 141 min.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German educator, author and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 29, 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eberswalde|