life and work
Frieda Gallati, daughter of the lawyer Rudolf Gallati , attended the secondary school for girls in Zurich. From 1896 she studied at the University of Zurich , where she was the second Swiss woman to receive her doctorate in history in 1902 . In 1907 she married Prof. Dr. phil. Johann Friedrich Friedrich Wilhelm Philipp Ludwig Melchior Wilhelm Melchior, from whom she was divorced again in 1915.
- The royal Swedish war of Bogislav Philipp von Chemnitz and its sources waged in Germany . Huber, Frauenfeld 1902 (also dissertation University of Zurich, digitized version ).
- Federal policy at the time of the Thirty Years' War . In: Yearbook for Swiss History 43, 1918, 1–149; 44, 1919, 1-258.
- The Confederation and the Imperial Court at the time of Ferdinand II and Ferdinand III, 1619-1657 . 1932.
- Gilg Tschudi and the older history of the state of Glarus . 1938.
- Alice Denzler: Frieda Gallati . In: Swiss Journal for History 1956, p. 226 ff.
- Veronika Feller-Vest: Gallati, Frieda. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland .
- Literature by and about Frieda Gallati in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Matriculation edition of the University of Zurich
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 12, 1876|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Glarus|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 30, 1955|
|Place of death||Glarus|