Friedrich Beuel (born May 25, 1929 in Trier ; † November 25, 2008 ) was a German SED and FDGB functionary. He was chairman of the Frankfurt (Oder) district board of the FDGB and a district parliament member.
Beuel, son of a working-class family, attended elementary school , then learned the profession of woodworker and worked in it.
In 1948 he joined the SED. In 1950/51 he was the cultural director of VEG Priefel . In 1951/52 he studied at the party college "Karl Marx" in Berlin and was then an instructor for the Central Committee in 1953/54 . From 1954 to 1956 he was party secretary in Hangelsberg , then in 1956/57 he was department head at the SED district leadership in Fürstenwalde . From 1957 to 1961 he acted as second secretary of the SED district leadership in Fürstenwalde, then from 1961 to 1964 as first secretary of the SED district leadership in Strausberg . From 1964 to 1966 he studied at the Berlin School of Economics . He completed his studies with a degree in economics. From 1966 to 1971 he was first secretary of the SED district leadership in Bernau and from 1971 to 1978 first secretary of the SED district leadership in Eberswalde . From 1971 he was a member of the SED district leadership in Frankfurt (Oder) and at times also a member of its secretariat. From 1976 he was also a member of the Frankfurt (Oder) district assembly .
On February 15, 1979, Beuel was - as successor to Otto Schmidt - chairman of the Frankfurt (Oder) district board of the FDGB and in May 1979 he was co-opted into the federal board of the FDGB. In 1989 he was replaced as chairman of the district board by Günter Kallweit .
- Patriotic Order of Merit in Silver (1976)
- Günther Buch: Names and dates of important people in the GDR. 4th, revised and expanded edition. Dietz, Berlin (West) / Bonn 1987, ISBN 3-8012-0121-X , p. 21.
- Gabriele Baumgartner, Dieter Hebig (Hrsg.): Biographisches Handbuch der SBZ / DDR. 1945–1990 . Volume 1: Abendroth - Lyr . KG Saur, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-598-11176-2 , p. 57.
- Andreas Herbst : Beuel, Friedrich. In: Dieter Dowe , Karlheinz Kuba, Manfred Wilke (Hrsg.): FDGB-Lexikon. Function, structure, cadre and development of a mass organization of the SED (1945–1990) . Berlin 2009, ISBN 978-3-86872-240-6 .
- Obituary for Friedrich Beuel. Retrieved September 6, 2018 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German SED functionary and FDGB functionary|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 25, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||trier|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 25, 2008|