Dieter Hebig (born February 23, 1957 in Heilbad Heiligenstadt ) is a German archivist and historian .
Hebig comes from the Thuringian Eichsfeld and grew up in Obermaßfeld on. After attending school, he completed vocational training with a high school diploma as a mechanic for data processing and office machines. During this time, Dieter Hebig was already volunteering for soil and monument preservation. After working for a year as a museum guide in the Veßra monastery , he studied archival science and history for five years at the Humboldt University in Berlin . He completed his studies in 1982 with Botho Brachmann as a qualified archivist.
He then became a research assistant at the State Archives Administration at the Ministry of the Interior of the GDR in Potsdam . Most recently he was editor-in-chief of the journal for theory and practice of archives, Archive Messages . Dieter Hebig was also affected in 1991 by the dissolution of the State Archives Administration, which had meanwhile been converted into the Central Archives Office of the GDR.
He then went into business for himself and ran the company Archiv-Service Potsdam until 2007 . Since that time Dieter Hebig has been working for Schempp Inventory Maintenance GmbH in Kornwestheim . There he is head of the conservation and damage restoration departments as well as protective packaging for cultural property.
In his spare time he has also been involved in genealogy since his youth .
- The “Manuscriptum Nawense” in the Potsdam State Archives - one of the oldest paper codices in the area of feudal German eastward expansion . In: Yearbook for the History of Feudalism , Vol. 9, Berlin, 1985, pp. 129-143.
- Medieval fortifications in southwest Thuringia - basic features of their development and function . In: Jahrbuch für Regionalgeschichte, Vol. 15, 1988, pp. 234–243.
- For the publication of the methodological guidelines for the evaluation of official documents. In: Archivmitteilungen 38 (1988), pp. 160–162.
- with Gabriele Baumgartner (Ed.): Biographisches Handbuch der SBZ / DDR. 1945–1990. Volume 1: Abendroth - Lyr. KG Saur, Munich 1996, ISBN 3-598-11176-2 .
- with Gabriele Baumgartner (Ed.): Biographisches Handbuch der SBZ / DDR. 1945–1990. Volume 2: Maassen - Zylla. KG Saur, Munich 1997, ISBN 3-598-11177-0 .
- Literature by and about Dieter Hebig in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography with portrait photo on www.archivberatung.de
- Hebig, Dieter . Publications in the bibliographic database of the Regesta Imperii .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 23, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Heilbad Heiligenstadt|