Gerhard Händler (soccer player)
Gerhard Händler (* 1926 ; † after 1966) was a German football player who played in the top football league of the German Sports Committee of the GDR for chemistry Leipzig , forward Leipzig and forward Berlin in the 1950s . With Vorwärts Berlin he won the GDR Cup in 1954.
Dealer played his first league game for BSG Chemie Leipzig on matchday four of the 1952/53 season. In the home game against BSG Motor Oberschöneweide he was used as a right wing striker and scored his first league goal with his goal to win a 4-1 victory. Until the winter break, he played another ten point games, in which he, still playing as a striker, increased his goal account to four goals. In December 1952, Händler and six other chemical players were enticed by local rivals and league rivals KVP Vorwärts Leipzig . At the same time he became a member of the German People's Police .
He was immediately used from the first league game in the second half of the season and played a total of 14 point games by the end of the season, in which he, called up in various attacking positions, played his scoring danger with eight hits in the new team. Vorwärts Leipzig had been relocated to East Berlin eight game days before the end of the season and was relegated at the end of the season. Playing in the second-rate GDR league in 1953/54 , trader was retrained to become a defender. He played all 26 point games and was usually used on the right defensive side. Even in his new position, he scored three goals. After a year of second division, Vorwärts Berlin succeeded in returning to the league immediately and also crowned this success by winning the GDR soccer cup. In the 2-1 win over Motor Zwickau , Händler played as a right defender as usual.
Back in the league, dealer was used again from the beginning in 1954/55 and continued to play in his traditional position. With a few failures, he made nine league appearances by the winter break, but remained without a goal. In the second half of the season he no longer appeared in the squad of the league team from Vorwärts Berlin. He did not appear after that in the higher-class football of the GDR.
From November 1960, Händler was the technical director of the football section of the Army Sports Club Vorwärts (ASK Vorwärts) (successor to Rudolf Mitzschke ). From 1966 he was managing director of 1. FC Union Berlin .
- German sport echo : born 1952–1956. .
- Hanns Leske : Encyclopedia of GDR football . Verlag Die Werkstatt, Göttingen 2007, ISBN 978-3-89533-556-3 , p. 184.
- Andreas Baingo, Michael Horn: The History of the GDR Oberliga . Verlag Die Werkstatt, Göttingen 2004, ISBN 3-89533-428-6 , p. 326.
- Wieland Becker: Favorite victories or: once - and never again: top teams and "outsiders" at the national soccer championships and cup competitions in European countries 1945 to 1990 , Pro BUSINESS GmbH, Berlin 2009, p. 33.
- DFSF (Ed.): GDR Chronicle - GDR Football 1949–1991 (Volume 8). Berlin 2010, p. 189.
- Gerhard dealer in the database of weltfussball.de
- Conversation with national player Heinz Fröhlich and his comrades. who took up honorary service in the German People's Police . In: Neues Deutschland , December 30, 1952, p. 5.
- On sports life in Berlin . In: Berliner Zeitung , November 20, 1960, p. 4.
- Excursion with 1. FC Union . In: Berliner Zeitung , March 29, 1966, p. 7.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German soccer player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1926|
|DATE OF DEATH||after 1966|