Marín, daughter of the dancer and singer Laura Marín and the industrialist Pedro Méndez Armendáriz, began her stage career as a child at the side of her mother, who she used in her theater group at an early age and presented in the venues of the Mexican capital as "La precoz Glorina". Marín later got through her stage acquaintance with Joaquín Pardavé the opportunity for her first film role, for which she had to lose several kilograms. At the age of 15, Marín married the freight forwarder Arturo Vargas; later she lived with the "crooner of Mexico" Fernando Fernández before she met the actor Abel Salazar . Between 1938 and 1941 she made eighteen films, including El gendarme desconocido with Cantinflas and alongside Jorge Negrete in ¡Ay Jalisco, no te rajes! . From then on she lived with Negrete for eleven years; he was also a frequent co-star of her films.
For her role in Si Adelita se fuera con otro , Marín was nominated for the Premio Ariel , but lost to María Félix . She also received great praise for her performance in Qué hombre tan simpático alongside Fernando Soler . Privately, she returned to Salazar in the 1950s, whom she married in 1958. In 1951 she had a daughter, Gloria Virginia Ramos . By the early 1960s, continuing to accept film offers, she became a television star until her death; she played u. a. Roles in La hiena , Hermanos Coraje , Debiera haber obispas , Tan cerca del cielo and La jaula de cristal . In the well-known series Mundo de juguete she played the role of Mother Superior.
- 1938: Los millones de Chaflán
- 1941: La gallina clueca
- 1942: La Virgen que forjó una patria
- 1954: The Coyote (El Coyote)
- 1954: The Coyote's Revenge (La justícia del Coyote)
- 1978: In the trap (En la trampa)
- 1984: Cruz de olvido
- 2001: Agrasánchez, Jr., Rogelio: Bellezas del cine mexicano / Beauties of Mexican Cinema. México, Archivo Fílmico Agrasánchez. ISBN 968-5077-11-8
- 2000: Various: Gloria Marín, un rostro inlvidable. México, Editorial Televisa, SA de CV
- Claudia de Icaza: Gloria y Jorge. 1993, p. 7ff.
- Emilio García Riera, Fernando Macotela: La guía del cine mexicano de la pantalla grande a la televisión, 1919-1984. 1984, p. 250
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ramos Luna, Gloria|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Mexican actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 19, 1919|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mexico city|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 13, 1983|
|Place of death||Mexico city|