County of Arles
The county of Arles was a rulership in the vicinity of Arles from the 9th to the 11th centuries, but did not include the city of Arles , which had been under the rule of the local archbishop since 921.
The best-known Count of Arles was Boso the Old , the progenitor of the Bosonids , whose great-grandson Hugo became King of Italy. In the 10th century, the county came to the Counts of Provence , who used the county of Arles several times to care for younger sons. When this practice ended, the county of Arles became part of the county of Provence.
List of the Counts of Arles
- Boso the Old († before 855) Count of Arles, Count in Italy ( Bosonids )
- Theotbald († between June 887 and around 895) Count of Arles, grandson of Bosos
- Boso († after 936) 911–931 Count of Avignon and Vaison , 926–931 Count of Arles, 931–936 Margrave of Tuscien , son of Theotbald
- Teutberga von Arles, sister of Bosos ⚭ Warnarius Count of Troyes , Vice Count of Sens († 924)
- Teutberga von Troyes († after 960), daughter of Teutberga von Arles ⚭ Karl Konstantin, Count of Vienne ( Buviniden )
- Konstanze von Vienne, daughter of Teutberga von Troyes ⚭
- Boso II. († 965/967) 935 Count of Avignon , 949 Count of Arles
- Wilhelm I († probably 978) 968 Count of Arles, brother of Boso II.
- Wilhelm II. († 993) 970 Count of Arles and Provence , son of Boso II .; ⚭ 984 / around 986 Adelheid von Anjou , daughter of Count Fulko II , widow of Count Stephan (Étienne) von Gévaudan , divorced from King Ludwig V.
- Gottfried I († probably 1061/1062) 1032 Count of Arles, around 1057/60 Margrave of Provence , grandson of Wilhelm II.
- Gerberga († 1112/1118) 1093/1112 Countess of Arles ⚭ 1058
- Gilbert , Count of Gévaudan († 1110/1112) Vice Count of Carlat , Count of Arles