Large stone grave Schampermühle
|Large stone grave Schampermühle Great stone grave Schamper Mühle, Great stone grave Zierzow|
|place||Sietow , Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania , Germany|
|Emergence||3500 to 2800 BC Chr.|
The Großsteingrab Schampermühle (also Großsteingrab Schamper Mühle or Großsteingrab Zierzow ) is a megalithic grave complex of the Neolithic funnel beaker culture near Zierzow , a district of Sietow in the Mecklenburg Lake District ( Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania ). It bears the Sprockhoff number 436.
The grave is located about 1.3 km south of Zierzow and about 200 m west-northwest of the eponymous Dutch windmill Schamper Mühle in a field.
The complex has a north-east-south-west oriented burial chamber , originally encased by a rolling stone hill , which Ernst Sprockhoff viewed as a polygonal dolmen , while Ewald Schuldt viewed it as an extended dolmen . Two wall stones on the long sides and the north-eastern end stone have been preserved. All are still in situ . On the three northeast stones rests a capstone with a length of 3 m, a width of 1.7 m and a thickness of 1 m.
- Hans-Jürgen Beier : The megalithic, submegalithic and pseudomegalithic buildings as well as the menhirs between the Baltic Sea and the Thuringian Forest. Contributions to the prehistory and early history of Central Europe 1. Wilkau-Haßlau 1991, p. 35.
- Robert Beltz : The Stone Age sites in Meklenburg. In: Yearbook of the Association for Mecklenburg History and Archeology. Volume 64, 1899, p. 97 ( online ).
- Ewald Schuldt : Old Graves - Early Castles. Museum of Prehistory and Early History, Schwerin 1964, Fig. 25.
- Ewald Schuldt: The Mecklenburg megalithic graves. Research on their architecture and function. VEB Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften, Berlin 1972, p. 137.
- Ernst Sprockhoff : The Nordic megalithic culture (= manual of the prehistory of Germany. Volume 3). de Gruyter, Berlin / Leipzig 1938, p. 8.
- Ernst Sprockhoff: Atlas of the megalithic tombs of Germany. Part 2: Mecklenburg - Brandenburg - Pomerania. Rudolf-Habelt Verlag, Bonn 1967, p. 46.