Gustav A. Weather
Wetter joined the Collegium Russicum in Rome in 1930 and was its rector between 1947 and 1954. At Christmas 1935 he was ordained a priest according to the Byzantine-Slavic rite . He obtained a doctorate from the Pontifical Gregorian University . From 1957 to the 1970s he was professor of the history of Russian philosophy at the Pontifical Oriental Institute and at the Gregoriana.
- Dialectical materialism. Its history and its system in the Soviet Union Herder, Freiburg 1952 (and other editions)
- Philosophy and natural science in the Soviet Union , Rowohlt, Hamburg 1958.
- Soviet ideology today together with Wolfgang Leonhard in Fischer Bücherei, Frankfurt am Main 1962
- The reversal of Hegel. Basics and origins of the Soviet philosophy , Verl. Wissenschaft u. Politics, Cologne 1963 (Contributions to Sovietology, Volume 1).
- Helmut Dahm : Be sober and vigilant. Gustav A. Wetter and the philosophical Sovietology , Wewel, Cologne 1991 (Wewelbuch, Volume 145), ISBN 3-87904-145-8 .
- Literature by and about Gustav A. Wetter in the catalog of the German National Library
- Gustav A. Wetter in the Munzinger archive ( beginning of article freely accessible)
|SURNAME||Wetter, Gustav A.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Weather, Gustav Andreas|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian chaplain, Jesuit, occupied himself with Soviet history and philosophy|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 4, 1911|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mödling near Vienna|
|DATE OF DEATH||5th November 1991|
|Place of death||Rome|