|Video-on-demand provider from Burbank ( WarnerMedia content)|
|editorial staff||Kevin Reilly (Managing Director)|
A streaming platform for WarnerMedia content was announced by WarnerMedia on October 10, 2018 and was originally scheduled to start at the end of 2019. In May 2019 it was announced that the streaming service would use the Home Box Office (HBO) brand . The full name HBO Max was finally announced by WarnerMedia on July 9, 2019. At the same time, it was announced that the portal's launch date would be postponed to early 2020.
Titles from the portfolios of the WarnerMedia brands are to appear on HBO Max. This includes Adult Swim , Boomerang , CNN , Cartoon Network , The CW , Crunchyroll , DC Entertainment , HBO , Looney Tunes , New Line Cinema , TBS , truTV , TNT , Rooster Teeth , Turner Classic Movies and Warner Bros. According to WarnerMedia, HBO Max contain around 10,000 hours of video material. So-called “Max Originals”, which are produced exclusively for HBO Max, are also to appear for the video-on-demand service.
- WarnerMedia announces new streaming service to compete with Netflix and Disney , accessed July 30, 2019.
- WarnerMedia banks on HBO's brand name for new streaming service , accessed July 30, 2019.
- HBO Pay-TV Customers Will Have Access to WarnerMedia SVOD Service, AT&T Chief Says , accessed July 30, 2019.
- 'Friends' to Leave Netflix for WarnerMedia's HBO Max Streaming Service in 2020 , accessed July 30, 2019.
- AT&T rolls out a new, super-charged streaming service with HBO shows, 'Friends' and more , accessed July 30, 2019.
- Thomas Lückerath: HBO Max: WarnerMedia gives details of the streaming service. In: dwdl.de. July 10, 2019, accessed October 6, 2019 .