After training as a teacher, he came to Bad Aussee as a teacher in 1920, where he later became director of the girls' secondary school there. He was involved in the care of the homeland and founded the workers choral society Alpenklang, the Heimatwerk Ausseerland, a singing and dance group and a theater group. He wrote local history essays and helped to build the Aussee local history museum. He has been involved in films and radio broadcasts, and created dialect poems and songs. He was also active as a folk song collector and recorded numerous yodels.
In 1967 the Altaussee community launched the Hans Gielge Prize , which is awarded for services in the field of folk culture and folk music. There is a memorial plaque on the house where he was born in Gramastettner Marktstrasse 36. The painter Ernst Balluf is a nephew of Gielge.
- Raimund Zoder Medal (1969)
- Gerlinde Haid : Gielge, Hans. In: Oesterreichisches Musiklexikon . Online edition, Vienna 2002 ff., ISBN 3-7001-3077-5 ; Print edition: Volume 2, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 2003, ISBN 3-7001-3044-9 .
- Hans-Gielge-Lieder , Steirisches Volksliedwerk
- Gramastettner Lied , market town of Gramastetten
- Hans Gielge , grimhard.at
- Works by Hans Gielge , deutscheslied.com
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian teacher, folk song collector and home curator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 9, 1901|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gramastetten , Austria|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 16, 1970|
|Place of death||Bad Aussee , Austria|