Hedley Paul Willmott
Live and act
Willmott holds a PhD from the University of London and was Senior Lecturer in the War Analysis Department at the Royal Military Academy , Sandhurst . As a member of the Royal Historical Society , he taught at British and American universities and military academies, so at Temple University , the University of Memphis . From 1992 to 1994 he held the chair of naval war history at the National War College in Washington, DC in the USA.
His main interest is naval warfare and the impact of wars on subsequent society, which is also reflected in his publications. His books on the two world wars are now among the standard works on this subject.
Willmott lives with his wife in Surrey, UK . He has two children.
- The Second World War , Gerstenberg Verlag, 2005, ISBN 3806725616
- In collaboration with Robin Cross and Charles Messenger: The First World War , Gerstenberg Verlag, 2004, ISBN 3806725497
- The Second World War in the Pacific , Brandenburgisches Verlagshaus, 2001, ISBN 3894881380
- The Battle Of Leyte Gulf: The Last Fleet Action , Indiana University Press, 2005, ISBN 0253345286
- A Gathering Darkness: The Coming of War to the Far East and the Pacific, 1921-1942 (Total War) , SR Books, 2004, ISBN 0842051538
- The Second World War In The Far East , Smithsonian Books, 2004, ISBN 1588341925
- Battleship , Cassell, 2003, ISBN 030435810X
- When Men Lost Faith in Reason: Reflections on War and Society in the Twentieth Century (Studies in Military History and International Affairs) , Praeger Publishers, 2002, ISBN 0275976653
- Grave of a Dozen Schemes: British Naval Planning and the War Against Japan, 1943-1945 , Naval Institute Press, 1996, ISBN 1557509166
|SURNAME||Willmott, Hedley Paul|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British military historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1945|