Heinz Nixdorf Vocational College
|Heinz Nixdorf Vocational College
|type of school
|City of Essen
The Heinz Nixdorf vocational college for electrical engineering, information and telecommunications technology of the city of Essen , HNBK for short , formerly the school for electrical engineering , is a vocational college in the Essen district of Frohnhausen .
General information about the HNBK
With the long-term restructuring of the vocational college in 1995, a namesake was also sought. At the end of 1998, the teachers and students unanimously decided in favor of the computer pioneer Heinz Nixdorf . The college is attended by over 2000 students who are taught by 102 teachers. The Heinz-Nixdorf-Berufskolleg Essen e. V. , FHNBK for short , creates and distributes advertising material, compiles school acquisition requests and buys special learning and teaching material, such as training equipment for transmission techniques .
The building, which was erected in 1971, now has major deficiencies, so that a major renovation of the school began in April 2015. The completion of the work was planned for 2018, but was postponed to 2020. The total costs are given as almost 20 million euros.
Education courses at the HNBK
Under the umbrella of the HNBK, the vocational school (IT, industry, craft), higher vocational school, technical college, technical school and technical high school are combined.
Vocational school courses
The vocational school has the following classes:
- Subject classes of the dual system
- Preclass for the basic vocational school year
- Vocational primary school year
- Classes for students without a vocational training relationship
- Technical college for technology
The following apprenticeships are taught:
- Electronics technician for industrial engineering
- Electronics technician for automation technology
- Systems IT specialist
- Mechatronics technician
- IT system electronics technician
- IT specialist - application development
- IT specialist - system integration
- IT systems clerk
- IT clerk
- Electronics technician specializing in energy and building technology
- Information electronics technician with a focus on device and system technology
Courses at the higher vocational school, the technical school and the technical college
The courses of study at the vocational school, the technical college and the technical school cover one to three-year courses. Depending on the type of school, there is the possibility of acquiring the general technical college entrance qualification (Fachabitur) or the general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or attending one- or two-year advanced training courses. The specialist areas at the HNBK are electrical engineering and information technology.
- The school program of the Heinz-Nixdorf-Berufskolleg Essen, vocational training in the cooperative association, 2001, p. 12: "In an intensive discussion process among teachers and students, together with parents and businesses, the proposal crystallized very quickly, Naming our vocational college after Heinz Nixdorf is a great personality in information technology who, in addition to his achievements as an IT pioneer and entrepreneur in Essen, has given essential impulses for training. Heinz Nixdorf has no doubt - like no other in Germany - the importance of a highly qualified training at all hierarchical levels recognized, implemented in a variety of ways and thus enables many young people in our society to enter the information society. "
- Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung, October 24, 1989, "This donation of 50,000 DM was presented in the presence of numerous members of the support group."
- media.Essen.de: Public invitation to tender from January 23, 2015 ( Memento of the original from January 30, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Please enter either wayback - or webciteID - or archive-is - or archiv-url parameters
- Martin Spletter: Essen's Nixdorf College prepares schoolchildren for online trading . ( waz.de [accessed on May 31, 2018]).