Heinz Borchers was a son of the metallurgist Wilhelm Borchers . After graduating from high school, he studied metallurgy at RWTH Aachen University from 1922 to 1926 . In the summer semester of 1922 he became a member of the Corps Montania Aachen. After his first practice in industry, he became a Dr.-Ing. PhD. He qualified as a senior engineer at the Institute for Metallurgy and Electrometallurgy at RWTH Aachen University and became a private lecturer in 1933. In the same year he joined the NSDAP . In 1936 he took over the management of the metal department in the raw materials and foreign exchange staff of Göring's four-year planning authority . In 1937 he was appointed professor at the TH Munich . From 1939 the TH Munich took him over as professor for metallurgy and metal science. From 1943 to 1945 Borchers was Lecturer Association Leader at the TH Munich.
After the end of the Second World War , Borchers was initially dismissed from the TH-Munich, but was able to return to his chair in 1950. In 1966 he retired, but taught until 1971.
Borchers is the author of volumes 1 and 2 of the multi-volume standard work Metallkunde . He was co-editor of the 6th edition of the Landolt-Börnstein tables of numerical values and functions from physics, chemistry, astronomy, geophysics and technology .
- Honorary member of the Society for Metallurgy, 1977
- Studies of beryllium and the copper-beryllium system , 1932
- Possible applications of electrical conductivity measurement at rising temperatures for constitution research and practical material testing , 1939 (together with Heinz Egler)
- Metallkunde , Volume 1: Structure of Metals and Alloys , 1968, 7th edition
- Metallkunde , Volume 2: Properties, basics of shape and condition , 1969, 6th edition
- Michael Grüttner : Biographical Lexicon on National Socialist Science Policy , Heidelberg 2004, p. 26.
- Ulrich Kalkmann: The Technical University of Aachen in the Third Reich (1933-1945) , 2003, pp. 57, 58
- Otfried Madelung, Rainer Poerschke: H. Borchers (short biography). In: Der Landolt-Börnstein - Success story of a scientific data collection in Springer-Verlag , 2008, p. 54
- Rudolf Vierhaus : German Biographical Encyclopedia , 2nd Edition, Vol. 1, KGSaur-Verlag, Munich 2005, p. 833 digitized
- Franz Ludwig Neher: The Corps Montania zu Aachen, 1872-1957 , 1957, p. 127
- Michael Grüttner, Biographical Lexicon on National Socialist Science Policy , Heidelberg 2004, p. 26.
- German Science, Education and National Education: Official Journal of the Reich Ministry for Science, Education and National Education and the Education Administration of the Länder, Volume 6, 1939, p. 426
- Stahl und Eisen: Zeitschrift für das Deutsche Eisenhüttenwesen, Volume 97, 1977, p. 804
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Borchers, Eckhard Heinz (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German metallurgist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 18, 1903|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Aachen|
|DATE OF DEATH||17th June 1993|
|Place of death||Munich|