Ina-Maria Greverus first studied German , Scandinavian , art history and folklore at the Universities of Marburg and Uppsala University . In 1956 she completed her doctorate at the University of Marburg with the dissertation The Gifts of the Small People - KHM 182 - A comparative study . In 1970, she completed her habilitation at the University of Giessen with her thesis The Territorial Man , an analysis of the phenomena of home and identity . In 1974 she founded the Institute for Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology at the University of Frankfurt and became its first professor and director until her retirement in anno 1997. Greverus' successor since 1998 her student Gisela Welz .
- The territorial man. A literary anthropological attempt on the homeland phenomenon. Frankfurt am Main 1972.
- Culture and everyday life. An introduction to questions of cultural anthropology. Munich 1978 (Beck'sche black series 182).
- In search of home. Munich 1979 (Beck'sche black series 189).
- New age or upside down world. Anthropology as criticism. Darmstadt 1990 (WB-Forum 52).
- The others and me. From knowing oneself, being recognized and recognized; cultural anthropological texts. Darmstadt 1995.
- Travel anthropologically. Münster [u. a.] 2002.
Prizes and awards
- Rolf Wilhelm Brednich : Greverus, Ina-Maria . In: Enzyklopädie des Märchen Vol. 6. (1990), Col. 142-143.
- Ina-Maria Greverus and Erika Haindl (eds.): Attempts to escape civilization . (About dropouts ) Munich: Beck 1983 ISBN 3-406-09275-6
- The Institute for Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology mourns Ina-Maria Greverus. In: uni-frankfurt.de. University of Frankfurt am Main , April 21, 2017, accessed on April 22, 2017 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German folklorist and cultural anthropologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 16, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zwickau , German Empire|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 11, 2017|
|Place of death||Frankfurt am Main , Hessen , Germany|