Jörg Requate (* 1962 ) is a German historian .
Requate studied history, French and philosophy at the Universities of Bielefeld and Freiburg from 1982 to 1989 . 1992–1994 he was a member of the graduate school “Comparison of Societies” at the Free University of Berlin . In 1994 he completed the doctoral procedure at the Free University of Berlin (supervisors: Jürgen Kocka and Hartmut Kaelble ). From 1992 to 1994 he was a research assistant at the "Center for Comparative Social History" (now: Center for Comparative History of Europe ) at the Free University of Berlin. In 1994/95 he worked as a research assistant at the “Research Focus on Contemporary History Studies” (now: “ Center for Contemporary History Research ”) in Potsdam . From 1995 to 1998 he worked as managing director of the "Center for European Studies" at the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and then until 2004 as a university assistant at the Faculty of History and Philosophy at Bielefeld University. In 2004 he completed his habilitation at Bielefeld University, after which he was senior assistant at the Faculty of History and Philosophy until 2008. In 2006/07 he taught as a guest lecturer at the German Historical Institute in Paris . From 2008 to 2010 he was a substitute professor at Bielefeld University (professor for the history of modern societies, Thomas Welskopp , and professor for historical political research, Willibald Steinmetz ). He then worked as a private lecturer at Bielefeld University and as a teacher at the Bielefeld evening high school . In 2015 Requate was appointed professor for the history of Western Europe at the University of Kassel .
- Journalism as a Profession. The emergence of the journalist profession in 19th century Germany in an international comparison (= Critical Studies in History , Vol. 109), Göttingen 1995.
- The struggle for the democratization of the judiciary. Judges, Politics and the Public in the Federal Republic , Frankfurt a. M. 2008.
- France after 1945 (= European Contemporary History , Vol. 4), Göttingen 2011.
- (with Martin Schulze Wessel ): European public. Transnational communication since the 18th century , Frankfurt a. M. 2002.
- Law and justice in the face of social change (1960–1975). Federal Republic of Germany, Italy and France in comparison , Baden-Baden 2002.
- (with Heinz-Gerhard Haupt ): Departure into the future. The 1960s between planning euphoria and cultural change. GDR, CSSR and the Federal Republic of Germany in comparison , Göttingen 2004.
- (with Klaus Weinhauer and Heinz-Gerhard Haupt): Terrorism and internal security in the Federal Republic of the 1970s , Frankfurt a. M. 2006.
- (with Christina Benninghaus , Sven Oliver Müller and Charlotte Tacke ): On the way in Europe. Contributions to a comparative social and cultural history , Frankfurt a. M. 2008.
- The 19th century as a media society. On the interaction of media and social changes in Germany and France , Munich 2009.
- (with Mareike König and Carole Reynaud-Paligot): The other. Theory, Representation and Experience in the 19th Century (4th Summer Course of the German Historical Institute Paris, 2007) . In: Discussions 1 (2008).
- (with Klaus Weinhauer): Violence without a way out? Terrorism as a communication process in Europe since the 19th century , Frankfurt a. M. 2012.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1962|