Jürgen Meyer (politician)
education and profession
Meyer studied law at the University of Münster and at the Free University of Berlin . In 1963 he received his doctorate as Dr. jur. at the University of Tübingen on the subject of dialectics in criminal procedural law. His doctoral supervisor was Karl Peters . From 1964 to 1965 he studied in Princeton / New Jersey and Ann Arbor / Michigan.
Since 1967 researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law in Freiburg; since 1971 also lawyer. He completed his habilitation in 1975 and has been a professor at the University of Freiburg since 1981 for German and foreign criminal and criminal procedural law as well as criminology.
Jürgen Meyer has been a member of the SPD since 1970. He was from 1976 to 1980 for the constituency Freiburg I a member of the state parliament of Baden-Wuerttemberg . From 1990 to 2002 he was a member of the Bundestag.
Meyer was the representative of the German Bundestag in the fundamental rights convention as well as in the subsequent EU constitutional convention . He is the editor of the Standard Commentary on the Charter of Fundamental Rights .
honors and awards
- Dialectics in the criminal process (an examination of the tensions in the criminal process with special consideration of the dialectical production of the criminal judgments in the power field of the final motions). Dissertation. Mohr, Tübingen 1965.
- Commentary on the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union. 3. Edition. Nomos, Baden-Baden 2011, ISBN 978-3-8329-5286-0 .
- Literature by and about Jürgen Meyer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Biography at the German Bundestag
- List of medal recipients 1975–2019. (PDF; 180 kB) State Ministry of Baden-Württemberg, p. 51 , accessed on June 12, 2019 .
- Freedom, Security and Justice. Festschrift for Jürgen Meyer on his 70th birthday. Nomos, Baden-Baden 2006, ISBN 3-8329-1848-5 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politician (SPD), Member of the Bundestag, Member of the Bundestag and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 26, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dusseldorf|