Johann Dietrich Lendorf
Lendorf was a royal Hanoverian lumberjack in the service of the Wennigsen forester. He worked in the royal forest districts in Westerholz near Degersen and on Suerserberg . These were exchanged in the 1840s for the until then private forest district on Suerser Brink in Deister , on the edge of which Lendorf's monument stands. The house where he was born and where he died is still in Degersen, on Neuer Hagen 2.Part of the inscription on the Lendorf memorial says:
- Appreciated by his superiors, honored by his friends, he dedicated his impeccable life with restless activity to the protection and care of the forest. The honesty and loyalty during 44 years of service. His industrious witnesses shadow this memorial stone.
In the 19th century, the farmhand Lendorf was a model for the monarchical forest worker.
In honor of Johann Dietrich Lendorf, the Lendorf Memorial was erected on Georgsplatz in Wennigser Mark . The stone is a registered cultural monument. Lendorf and the cult of the loyal and brave forest worker that was driven around him became so popular that a street was named after him in his birthplace Degersen, which is now part of the Wennigsen community .
The memorial is an early example of a workers memorial . Deister wood was one of the most important branches of industry in the Calenberger Land in those years . Without this, mining in the Deister could not develop its full potential.
- Bernd Althammer: A memorial for the woodworker In: Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung online from February 6, 2007
- Friedrich Wüllner: From Wennigsen's past. Contributions to local history. Wennigsen, self-published, 1973; P. 192
- Günther Klapproth: memorial stones in the Deister . Hannover, Landbuch-Verlag 2003, ISBN 3784206646 , p. 41
- Heinz Mießen. A monument to the hard-working woodcutter and the royal woodcutter gave the street its name . Deister-Leine-Zeitung, November 1, 2005, p. 14 [Two reports on a special page on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Wennigsen community (Deister)].
|SURNAME||Lendorf, Johann Dietrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German servant|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 8, 1743|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Degersen|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 30, 1815|
|Place of death||Degersen|