Johann Kaspar Bundschuh
Johann Kaspar Bundschuh , also Johann Caspar Bundschuh or Caspar Bundschuh (born August 10, 1753 in Schweinfurt , † June 1, 1814 there ) was a German teacher , pastor and school inspector . He wrote numerous publications, in particular on the Franconian region . His geographical, statistical-topographical lexicon of Franconia describes the situation in Franconia at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries.
He began his professional career as a theologian and teacher at the Latin school in Schweinfurt. In 1787 he became professor of Hebrew language at the local grammar school. In 1788 he baptized the later poet Friedrich Rückert . In 1797 he became archdeacon and later director of the higher educational establishment in Schweinfurt. Friedrich Rückert attended this school and received an outstanding diploma from Bundschuh. When Bundschuh died in 1814, he was senior pastor and royal Bavarian district school inspector.
- Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia, or a complete alphabetical description of all cities, monasteries, castles, villages, flecks, farms, mountains, valleys, rivers, lakes, strange areas, etc; with exact indication of their origin, former and present owners, location, number and food of the inhabitants, manufactories, factories, cattle ranch, strange buildings, new institutions, most distinguished peculiarities etc. etc. 6 volumes. Ulm / Stettin 1799–1804. ( Digitized at Franconia-Online).
- Description of the imperial city of Schweinfurt. A historical-topographical-statistical experiment. with a card. Ulm 1802.
- Attempt of a historical-topographical-statistical description of the immediate Freyen imperial knighthood in Franconia according to its six locations . In: Geographical Statistical-Topographical Lexicon of Franconia . tape 4 : Ni-R . Verlag der Stettinische Buchhandlung, Ulm 1801, DNB 790364301 , OCLC 833753101 , p. 1 ( digitized version ).
- Journal by and for Franconia. Schweinfurt 1790–1793 Digitalisat UB Uni Bielefeld .
- The Franconian Mercury, or conversations of non-profit content for the Franconian districts. , Schweinfurt 1794-1800.
- New Franconian Merkur or conversations of non-profit content for the Franconian districts and their neighbors. Bayreuth 1800.
- Theodor Henner: Bundschuh, Caspar . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 3, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1876, p. 539 f.
- List of publications by Johann Kaspar Bundschuh . In: Gateway-Bayern.de (including links to digital versions)
|SURNAME||Bundschuh, Johann Kaspar|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bundschuh, Johann Caspar; Bundschuh, Caspar|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 10, 1753|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schweinfurt|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 1, 1814|
|Place of death||Schweinfurt|