Calendar overview 1814
Napoleon Bonaparte had to abdicate as Emperor of the French
and went into exile in Elba .
Battle of Bladensburg , Washington is conquered by British troops
in the British-American War .
|1814 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1262/63 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1806/07 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1219/20 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2357/58 (southern Buddhism); 2356/57 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||75th (76th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1176/77 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4147/48 (October 2/3)|
|Islamic calendar||1229/1230 (New Year 13/14 December)|
|Jewish calendar||5574/75 (September 14/15)|
|Coptic calendar||1530/31 (10/11 September)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2124/25 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2125/26 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1870/71 (April)|
Politics and world events
Europe and the Wars of Liberation
- January 2nd to 5th : The Prussian Field Marshal Blücher crosses the Rhine with his army .
- January 24th : In the battle near Colombey-les-Deux-Églises during the winter campaign of 1814 of the Wars of Liberation , French troops are defeated by the allies consisting of Württemberg and Austrian troops.
- January 29 : In the Battle of Brienne , Napoleon Bonaparte and his army prevail against Marshal Blücher's Prussian troops and Russian Cossacks .
- January: After a three-month siege , Prussian troops march into Erfurt, putting an end to the French principality of Erfurt . In May they take over the Petersberg and Cyriaksburg citadels without a fight .
- February 10 : At the Battle of Champaubert , a Russian coalition corps in the Wars of Liberation, under the command of Sakhar Dmitrievich Olsufiev , is wiped out by the much larger Napoleon-led army.
- February 11 : Montmirail . Napoleon defeats Blucher’s army.
- February 14 : In the battle of Vauchamps , the Napoleonic army again prevailed against coalition troops of the commander-in-chief, Field Marshal Blücher , in a six-day campaign during the wars of liberation , with minor losses .
- February 18 : Battle of Montereau . Napoleon defeats the Austrians.
- February 27th : Napoleon is defeated at Bar-sur-Aube .
- March 4th : Congress of Châtillon . On it the Allies conclude an alliance for twenty years ("Quadruple Alliance of Chaumont")
- March 7th : Napoleon and his troops succeed in the battle of Craonne in a final (albeit lossy) victory against the Prussian and Russian troops advancing on Paris in the war of liberation .
- March 9th : Napoleon loses the battle of Laon .
- March 30th : The forces of the sixth coalition storm the heights of Montmartre in front of Paris and invade Paris after the surrender of the French defenders.
- March 31 : Allied troops with the Russian tsar and the King of Prussia ( Friedrich Wilhelm III. ) Enter Paris with their guards.
- April 2 : The French Senate declares Napoleon Bonaparte deposed. Louis XVIII becomes king of France .
- April 6 : Napoleon abdicates as Emperor of the French in favor of his son after his defeat in the coalition wars in Fontainebleau . This is not enough for the Allies:
- April 11 : The allies of the coalition wars submit to Napoleon his unconditional abdication as ruler of France and Italy for signature. It regulates his exile to Elba . Napoleon signs the contract two days later after attempting suicide the night before.
- April 12th : While trying to cross the Main , 62 members drown from the banner of the voluntary Saxons near Miltenberg . Emich Carl zu Leiningen donates the so-called Sachsengrab as the final resting place there.
- April 24th : brother of King Louis XVI, who was executed in the French Revolution . , Louis Stanislas Xavier, Count of Provence and a group of noblemen return from exile and land in Calais . Louis takes power after Napoleon's exile. In France the phase of restoration of the Bourbon monarchy begins .
- May 4th : Napoleon arrives on Elba.
- May 4th : King Ferdinand VII. After his reinstatement in Spain repeals the constitution of 1812 by decree and orders a return to absolutism . The inquisition is also reintroduced.
- May 12th : The 300,000 strong Napoleonic army is defeated by King Louis XVIII. released home.
- May 30th : First Paris Peace with Prussia, Austria , Russia and Great Britain . In the Paris Peace Treaty, among other things, Article 5 regulates the freedom of navigation on the Rhine for everyone. Great Britain gets the island of Dominica back.
- June 4th : Restoration in France : The Bourbon Louis XVIII. proclaims the Charte constitutionnelle on the occasion of his accession to the throne .
- August 13th : In the British-Dutch treaty , both sides agree on the fundamental return of the Dutch colonies taken from the British during the Napoleonic Wars .
- September 3 : The Nassau constitution of 1814 is promulgated.
- September 9 : The Swiss Confederation passes a new federal treaty in the post-Napoleonic period, thereby ending the mediation period .
- September 18 : Opening of the Congress of Vienna (1814/ 1815 ): The German federal government is formed.
- January 14th : The Peace of Kiel ends the Danish-Swedish War . Denmark cedes Norway to Sweden.
- February 27 : Norway declares its independence in view of the proposed union with Sweden . King Christian VIII of Denmark is proclaimed regent.
- May 17th : The Norwegian Constitution is signed in full on oath. At this point in time, with its basic principles of popular sovereignty , the separation of powers and the freedom of the individual - apart from the anti-Jewish religious paragraph - it is the most modern constitution in Europe.
- July 26 : The Swedish-Norwegian War begins with an attack by the Swedish Navy on Norwegian boats in Hvaler . The Norwegian ships escaped, but were unable to intervene as the war progressed.
- The Swedish troops cross the border at Halden and lay siege to the nearby Fredriksten fortress , while another 6,000 men land in Kråkerøy near Fredrikstad . The fortress withstood the siege, the city surrendered the next day.
- August 5th : The battle of Matrand is the bloodiest battle of the war. It ends with a defensive win by the Norwegians.
- August 9 : The battle at Langnes-Schanze between Sweden and Norway is the last armed conflict between Scandinavian countries so far . The Norwegian troops achieve a defensive success, which does not change anything about the looming defeat in the war against Sweden.
- August 10th : Peace negotiations begin in Moss .
- August 14 : In the Moss Convention , Denmark and Sweden agree that Norway will form a personal union with Sweden and that the Danish King Christian VIII will renounce the Norwegian throne.
- October 8th : The Norwegians elect their Storting , Norway's parliament , for the first time .
- November 4th : The Norwegian Storting elects Charles XIII. of Sweden unanimously to his regent. In the Treaty of Kiel , this was mapped out.
- March 28 : The US frigate USS Essex (32 guns) is captured by a British formation of the frigate HMS Phoebe (36 guns) and the sloop HMS Cherub (18 guns) after a successful pirate voyage in the Pacific near Valparaíso ( Chile ) arises after a losing battle.
- May 5 : British troops capture American Fort Oswego on Lake Ontario.
- July 5 : An American brigade defeats British troops in the Battle of Chippewa .
- July 25th : The losing battle at Lundy's Lane between the British and the Americans remains without a clear winner; it is forcing the Americans to retreat, giving up their last invasion of Canada .
- August 24th : A British army defeats an American militia army that is almost twice as strong in the Battle of Bladensburg and conquers the US capital Washington . The Capitol is destroyed and the White House damaged; US President James Madison has to flee to Virginia with his government . The US is experiencing the greatest military humiliation in its history.
- Sept. 11 : The Battle of Plattsburgh , the defeat Americans , the British and give the British-American War thus a decisive turn in their favor. On Lake Champlain , the US fleet, under the command of Thomas Macdonough, defeats a British flotilla brought in from Canada.
- December 24th : The Peace of Ghent ends the British-American War .
Other events in North America
- March 27 : US troops under General Andrew Jackson defeat the rebellious Creek Indians under Chief Menawa in the Battle of Horseshoe Bend on the Tallapoosa River in Alabama.
- Beginning of the year: Bernardo O'Higgins replaces José Miguel Carrera as commander in chief of the Chilean troops in the Chilean War of Independence .
- March 14th : Francisco de la Lastra is proclaimed Head of State ( Director Supremo ) of Chile by the independence movement .
- 19 / March 20 : The Spaniards are repulsed in two attacks on Chilean troops.
- May 3 : The Chilean independence movement and the military leaders of the Spanish troops loyal to the king conclude the Treaty of Lircay , which guarantees Chile its own government, while Chilean membership of the Spanish Empire is retained. The contract is broken by both sides a little later.
- July 23 : After a coup, a junta consisting of José Miguel Carrera , Julián Uribe and Manuel Muñoz Urzúa takes power.
- October 1st / 2nd : The Spanish royalists win the Battle of Rancagua and soon move back into the capital Santiago de Chile . Most of the leaders of the independence movement fled to Argentina.
- March 25 : King Wilhelm I founds De Nederlandsche Bank , which develops into the central bank of the Netherlands.
science and technology
- October 23 : The anatomist and surgeon Joseph Constantine Carpue (1764–1846) uses the Indian nose plasty method for rhinoplasty for the first time in a nose cosmetic operation in Great Britain .
- November 29th : The Times is printed for the first time with the high-speed press invented by Friedrich Koenig . The publisher John Walter bought two copies of the cylinder press from the inventor.
- December 29th : The Natural Research Society of Emden is founded.
- Fraunhofer lines : Joseph von Fraunhofer gives a first list of 567 absorption lines in the solar spectrum .
Music and theater
- January 3rd : World premiere of the operetta Die Nachtmütze des Prophet Elias by Conradin Kreutzer in Stuttgart
- February 1st : World premiere of the opera L'Oriflamme by Henri Montan Berton at the Opéra-Comique in Paris
- February 24 : World premiere of the opera Alimon und Zaide or The Prince of Catanea by Conradin Kreutzer in Stuttgart
- March 10 : World premiere of the fairy play Die Eselshaut or The Blue Island by Johann Nepomuk Hummel at the Theater an der Wien in Vienna
- 23 May : World premiere of the opera Fidelio by Ludwig van Beethoven at the Theater am Kärntnertor in Vienna
- June 15th : World premiere of the Singspiel The Return of the Emperor by Johann Nepomuk Hummel at the Theater an der Wien in Vienna
- September 11 : World premiere of the opera Die Alpenhütte by Conradin Kreutzer in Ludwigsburg
- October 4th : World premiere of the opera Elisabetha, Regina d'Inghilterra by Gioacchino Rossini at the Teatro San Carlo in Naples
- November 19 : World premiere of the comic opera Die foster children by Peter Joseph von Lindpaintner in Munich
- June 17 : The Darmstadt Botanical Garden is created after Grand Duke Ludwig I approves the drainage of the Darmbach and a change in the use of the site.
- January 1 : Hong Xiuquan , Chinese mystic and leader of the Taiping Uprising († 1864 )
- January 2 : Luise Mühlbach , German writer († 1873 )
- January 4 : Gottfried Adolf Kinau , German pastor and astronomer († 1887 )
- January 8th : Ignaz Gulz , Austrian ophthalmologist († 1874 )
- January 11 : Charles Baker Adams , American naturalist († 1853 )
- January 11th : James Paget , English surgeon and pathologist († 1899 )
- January 14 : Hiram Price , American politician († 1901 )
- January 15 : Johann Gottlieb Langner , Silesian entrepreneur († 1877 )
- January 15 : Ludwig Schläfli , Swiss mathematician († 1895 )
- January 17 : James C. Dobbin , American politician († 1857 )
- January 17 : Ludwik Mierosławski , Polish revolutionary († 1878 )
- January 22nd : Eduard Zeller , German theologian and philosopher († 1908 )
- January 25 : Francis Harrison Pierpont , American politician († 1899 )
- January 26 : Jean-Chrysostome Brauneis , Canadian composer and organist († 1871 )
- January 27 : Eugène Viollet-le-Duc , French architect and art historian († 1879 )
- January 28 : Cornélie Falcon , French opera singer († 1897 )
- January 30 : Ferdinand Schichau , German engineer and shipyard owner († 1896 )
- February 4 : Samuel J. Tilden , American politician († 1886 )
- February 5 : David Thomas Ansted , English geologist († 1880 )
- February 5 : August Julius Streichenberg , German sculptor († 1878 )
- February 6 : Johann Matthäus Adä , German doctor and politician († 1899 )
- February 11 : Charles Andrews , American politician († 1852 )
- February 12 : Jenny Marx , German socialist and wife of Karl Marx († 1881 )
- February 17 : Hermann Koch , German secret mountain ridge and father of Robert Koch († 1877 )
- February 22nd : Oskar Kolberg , Polish ethnographer and composer († 1890 )
- February 24 : Henry Kirke Brown , American sculptor († 1886 )
- February 24 : Wilhelm Benque , landscape gardener and garden architect († 1895 )
- February 27 : Samuel Kleinschmidt , Moravian missionary and researcher of the Greenlandic language († 1886 )
- March 5 : Wilhelm von Giesebrecht , German historian († 1889 )
- March 7 : David Morgenstern , member of the Bavarian state parliament and tin foil manufacturer († 1882 )
- March 9 : John Evans , American politician († 1897 )
- March 9 : Taras Shevchenko , Ukrainian poet († 1861 )
- March 12 : John C. Ten Eyck , American politician († 1879 )
- March 14 : Ferdinand Konrad Bellermann , German landscape painter († 1889 )
- March 22nd : Thomas Crawford , American sculptor († 1857 )
- March 30th : Friedrich Wilhelm August Carl von Arnim , Prussian administrative officer († 1890 )
- March 30 : Josef Mayburger , Austrian painter († 1908 )
- April 1 : Søren Jaabæk , Norwegian politician († 1894 )
- April 2 : Henry Lewis Benning , American lawyer and Confederate general in the Civil War († 1875 )
- April 3 : Louis Désiré Besozzi , French composer, organist and pianist († 1879 )
- April 3 : Lorenzo Snow , President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints († 1901 )
- April 5 : Felix von Lichnowsky , German politician († 1848 )
- April 6 : Miklós Ybl , Hungarian architect († 1891 )
- April 12 : Franz von Wertheim , Austrian industrialist († 1883 )
- April 15 : Karl Goedeke , German literary historian († 1887 )
- April 15 : John Lothrop Motley , American diplomat and historian († 1877 )
- April 17 : August Grisebach , German botanist and university professor († 1879 )
- April 17 : Josef Pančić , Serbian botanist († 1888 )
- April 19 : Amédée Achard , French writer († 1875 )
- April 21 : Béni Egressy , Hungarian composer, librettist, translator and actor († 1851 )
- April 29 : Homer VM Miller , American politician († 1896 )
- May 1 : Karl Wilhelm Philipp von Auersperg , Bohemian-Austrian politician and Prime Minister († 1890 )
- May 1st : Alphonse Ratisbonne , co-founder of the Congregation Our Lady of Sion († 1884 )
- May 3 : Adams George Archibald , Canadian lawyer and politician († 1892 )
- May 3 : Peter Karl Adam Christian Friedrich Wilhelm von Aretin auf Haidenburg , German politician († 1887 )
- May 9 : Adolf von Henselt , German composer and piano virtuoso († 1889 )
- May 19 : Otto Möllinger , Swiss scientist, inventor and entrepreneur († 1886 )
- May 25 : Adalbert von Bredow , Prussian lieutenant general († 1890 )
- May 26 : Heinrich Geißler , German glassblower, instrument maker and inventor († 1879 )
- May 27 : William Guybon Atherstone , South African physician, paleontologist and geologist († 1898 )
- May 30 : Mikhail Alexandrovich Bakunin , Russian anarchist and social revolutionary († 1876 )
- June 1 : Charles Anderson , American politician († 1895 )
- June 2 : William HH Ross , American politician († 1877 )
- June 3 : Louis Alfred Becquerel , French physicist and medic († 1862 )
- June 11 : Alexis Roger , French composer († 1846 )
- June 14 : Henry A. Edmundson , American politician († 1890 )
- June 15 : Pietro Lasagni , Italian cardinal († 1885 )
- June 30 : Franz von Dingelstedt , German poet and theater director († 1881 )
- July 2 : Jean-Louis Ancrenaz , Swiss politician († 1879 )
- July 3 : John Brinckman , German writer († 1870 )
- July 13 : Johann von Halbig , German sculptor († 1882 )
- July 15 : Hermann Schacht , German botanist († 1864 )
- July 16 : Alexander Graf von Attems-Heiligenkreuz , Austrian Privy Councilor and Lieutenant Field Marshal († 1896 )
- July 19 : Ludwig Karl Wilhelm von Gablenz , Austrian general († 1874 )
- July 19 : Samuel Colt , American inventor of the first working firearm with rotating cylinder († 1862 )
- July 21 : Alfred Saker , British Baptist missionary in Cameroon, village founder and Bible translator († 1880 )
- July 28 : Immanuel Stockmeyer , Swiss Protestant clergyman and university lecturer († 1894 )
- July 30th : Johann Georg Halske , German entrepreneur († 1890 )
- August 5 : James Dixon , American politician († 1873 )
- August 10 : Ketil Motzfeldt , Norwegian politician († 1889 )
- August 10 : Henri Nestlé , German entrepreneur († 1890 )
- August 10 : John C. Pemberton , American general († 1881 )
- August 13 : Anders Jonas Ångström , Swedish astronomer and physicist († 1874 )
- August 16 : Friedrich Wilhelm Wagner , German classical philologist († 1857 )
- August 17 : Carl Ausfeld , German judge and politician († 1900 )
- August 20 : Raffaele Piria , Italian doctor and chemist († 1865 )
- August 28 : Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu , Irish writer († 1873 )
- August 28 : Josue Jean Philippe Valeton the Elder , Dutch Reformed theologian and Orientalist († 1906 )
- August 30th : Heinrich Goldstein , teacher at the Jewish school in Gleiwitz
- August 30 : Horace Maynard , American politician († 1882 )
- September 2 : Ernst Curtius , German archaeologist and historian († 1896 )
- September 3 : James Joseph Sylvester , English mathematician († 1897 )
- September 6 : Levin Schücking , German writer († 1883 )
- September 7th : Ludwig Kalisch , German writer († 1882 )
- September 7 : Peter T. Washburn , American politician († 1870 )
- September 10 : Ernst Ranke , German Protestant theologian († 1888 )
- September 13 : August Wild , German gemstone engraver († 1896 )
- September 14 : William Shepperd Ashe , American politician († 1862 )
- September 15 : Ferdinand von Arnim , architect († 1866 )
- September 15 : Leopold Knebelsberger Austrian composer († 1869 )
- September 19 : Karl Friedrich von Savigny , Prussian diplomat and politician († 1875 )
- September 26 : Louis Arrighi de Casanova , French politician († 1888 )
- September 27 : Daniel Kirkwood , American astronomer († 1895 )
- October 2 : Louisa Thiers , American age record holder († 1926 )
- October 4 : Jean-François Millet , French painter († 1875 )
- October 14 : Otho R. Singleton , American politician († 1889 )
- October 15 : Mikhail Lermontow , Russian poet († 1841 )
- October 17 : Theophil von Podbielski , Prussian general of the cavalry († 1879 )
- October 18 : Elbridge G. Lapham , American politician († 1890 )
- October 25 : Louis d'Orléans, duc de Nemours , French general († 1896 )
- November 1 : Josiah Gardner Abbott , American politician († 1891 )
- November 5 : Alfred de Bougy , French writer († 1871 )
- November 6th : Adolphe Sax , Belgian instrument maker and saxophonist († 1894 )
- November 13 : Joseph Hooker , American general († 1879 )
- November 14 : Edmund Bojanowski , Seliger, founder of the Polish order († 1871 )
- November 14 : Wilhelm Loewe , German doctor and politician († 1886 )
- November 19 : Sigmund Aichhorn , Austrian geologist († 1892 )
- November 19 : Girolamo de Rada , Albanian-Italian writer († 1903 )
- November 21 : Gabriel Gervais Chardin , French painter († 1907 )
- November 22nd : Christian Friedrich von Leins , German architect († 1892 )
- November 23 : Adolf Soetbeer , German economist († 1892 )
- November 25 : Hans Hugo von Kleist-Retzow , Prussian politician († 1892 )
- November 25 : Julius Robert von Mayer , German doctor and physicist († 1878 )
- November 26 : Konrad Deubler , Austrian farmer and mayor († 1884 )
- November 26 : Louise Aston , German writer and suffragette († 1871 )
- December 6 : Juan Prim , Spanish general and statesman († 1870 )
- December 10 : Sebastian Brunner , Catholic theologian and writer († 1893 )
- December 14 : Ludwig Droste , architect and master builder († 1875 )
- December 14 : John S. Phelps , American politician († 1886 )
- December 19 : Edwin M. Stanton , American politician and Minister of War († 1869 )
- December 28 : Jeremiah Clemens , American politician († 1865 )
- December 28 : John Bennet Lawes , British agricultural chemist († 1900 )
- December 30 : Betty Paoli , German writer († 1894 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Qurrat al-ʿAin , Persian poet and martyr of Babism († 1852 )
- Simon Doktor , Egyptian cigarette manufacturer and merchant († 1910 )
First half of the year
- January 4th : Johann Georg Jacobi , German poet and publicist (* 1740 )
- January 15 : Georg Ludwig Collins , German Protestant clergyman (* 1763 )
- January 19 : Karl Friedrich Senf , German Protestant theologian and hymn poet (* 1739 )
- January 21 : Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre , French writer (* 1737 )
- January 24th : William Heath , American major general (* 1737 )
- January 25 : Ludwig Friedrich von Domhardt , Prussian civil servant (* 1744 )
- January 27 : Philip Astley , founder of the modern circus (* 1742 )
- February 3 : Jan Antonín Koželuh , Bohemian composer (* 1738 )
- February 18 : Pavle Davidović , Austrian general (* 1737 )
- February 21 : Nathaniel Mitchell , American politician (* 1753 )
- February 26 : Johan Tobias Sergel , Swedish sculptor and draftsman (* 1740 )
- February 27 : Julien Louis Geoffroy , author and critic (* 1743 )
- February 27 : Jean-Louis-Ebenezer Reynier , French general (* 1771 )
- March 5 : Andrei Nikiforowitsch Voronichin , Russian architect, sculptor and painter (* 1759 )
- March 11th : Johannes Albrecht , German doctor and writer (* 1752 )
- March 13 : Louis François II. De Bourbon , Prince of Conti (* 1734 )
- March 16 : Friedrich Friesen , German educator and freedom fighter (* 1784 )
- March 20 : Johann Christian Engel , historian (* 1770 )
- March 26 : Joseph-Ignace Guillotin , French doctor and politician (* 1738 )
- March 31 : John Dawson , American politician (* 1762 )
- April 4 : Blasius Hueber , surveyor and farmer (* 1735 )
- April 12th : Charles Burney , English organist, composer and music historian (* 1726 )
- April 25 : Louis-Sébastien Mercier , French writer (* 1740 )
- May 6 : Georg Joseph Vogler , German composer, organist, priest (* 1749 )
- May 21 : Ignacio Jordán Claudio de Asso y del Rio , Spanish lawyer, diplomat and naturalist (* 1742 )
- May 29 : Joséphine , French Empress (* 1763 )
- June 6 : Antoni Angelowicz , Ukrainian theologian (* 1759 )
- June 8 : Friedrich Heinrich Himmel , German composer (* 1765 )
- June 11 : Marianne von der Mark , daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm II. (* 1780 )
- June 14 : Friedrich Christian von Augustenburg , Duke (* 1765 )
- June 19 : Friedrich Benda , German composer (* 1745 )
- June 21 : Gilbert Elliot-Murray-Kynynmound, 1st Earl of Minto , British politician and diplomat (* 1751 )
- June 21 : Johann Martin Miller , German theologian and writer (* 1750 )
- June 26 : Dominique Villars , French doctor and botanist (* 1745 )
- June 27 : Johann Friedrich Reichardt , German composer and music writer (* 1752 )
- June 29 : Edmond Dubois-Crancé , French politician and general (* 1746 )
Second half of the year
- July 4th : Konrad Gottlob Anton , German linguist and orientalist (* 1745 )
- July 12 : William Howe , British general (* 1729 )
- July 19 : Matthew Flinders , British explorer (* 1774 )
- July 28 : Benjamin Goodhue , American politician (* 1748 )
- August 11 : Jean Pierre Erman , German historian (* 1735 )
- August 19 : Gustaf Mauritz Armfelt , favorite of Gustav III. of Sweden (* 1757 )
- August 19 : Angelo Tarchi , Italian composer (* around 1760)
- August 21 : Benjamin Thompson , military and experimental physicist (* 1753 )
- August 24 : Timothy Bloodworth , American politician (* 1736 )
- August 25th : Carl Englerth , owner of several hard coal mines, Mayor of Eschweiler (* 1756 )
- August 27 : Johann Baptist Seele , German painter (* 1774 )
- September 1 : Erik Tulindberg , Finnish composer (* 1761 )
- September 8 : Maria Karolina of Austria , Queen of Naples-Sicily (* 1752 )
- September 17th : Jacques Bernard d'Anselme , French lieutenant general (* 1740 )
- September 17th : Vicente Salias , Venezuelan revolutionary, journalist and writer (* 1776 )
- September 21 : Johann Ludewig Hogrewe , German engineer and cartographer (* 1737 )
- September 21 : Robert Ross , British general (* 1766 )
- September 22nd : August Wilhelm Iffland , German actor, theater director and playwright (* 1759 )
- September 23 : Johann Jakob von Pistor , Russian lieutenant general (* 1739 )
- October 1 : Guillaume-Antoine Olivier , French doctor and zoologist (* 1756 )
- October 8 : Adalbert von Harstall , last Prince-Bishop of Fulda (* 1737 )
- October 16 : José Antonio Caro de Boesi , Venezuelan composer (* around 1740)
- October 16 : Juan José Landaeta , Venezuelan composer (* 1780 )
- October 28 : Caspar Steinlin , Swiss Mayor (* 1740 )
- October 30 : Georg Heinrich von Berenhorst , military writer (* 1733 )
- November 2 : Traugott Andreas Biedermann , German politician and legal scholar (* 1743 )
- November 7th : Gottfried Mind , Swiss draftsman (* 1768 )
- November 10 : Jean-Louis Aubert , French secular clergyman, fabulous poet, journalist and literary critic (* 1731 )
- November 15 : Georg Anton Bredelin , teacher, school visitator, poet, musician and composer (* 1752 )
- November 18 : Aleijadinho , builder and sculptor of the Brazilian Baroque (* 1738 )
- November 23 : Elbridge Gerry , American politician (* 1744 )
- November 30th : Jean-Michel Moreau , French engraver and etcher (* 1741 )
- December 1 : Georg Ludwig von Edelsheim , Minister of Baden (* 1740 )
- December 2 : Donatien Alphonse François de Sade , French nobleman and author (* 1740 )
- December 5 : José Tomás Boves , Venezuelan caudillo (* 1782 )
- December 10 : José Ángel Lamas , Venezuelan composer (* 1775 )
- December 11th : Marie-Louise O'Murphy , French courtesan and mistress of Louis XV. (* 1737 )
- December 13 : Charles Joseph de Ligne , Austrian field marshal (* 1735 )
- December 30th : Richard Brent , American politician (* 1757 )